Simply Can't Use My Nighthawk X10 R9000 Anymore

jdouglass
Aspirant

Simply Can't Use My Nighthawk X10 R9000 Anymore

Bought it from Amazon about a year ago and used it fairly problem free for about 7-8 months before I began to have crazy connection issues. It was constantly dropping packets and made browsing the internet, or anything else, extremely frustrating. I reverted back to a previous formware and it seemed to help initially before it started again.

I've gone through all of the factory resets, multiple firmware upgrade/downgrades I can with the router and cable modem and nothing seems to help much. If I connect my laptop directly to the modem, it works fine but as soon as I throw the router in there, its terrible again. I spent $450 for this router so I've had more patience than usual but it makes my network unreliable so I just reverted back to my Airport Extreme and its been solid since.

Its this a known issue or am I the only one?

Nighthawk X10 R9000

Arris SB8200 Cable Modem

Cox Cable

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
LiuChenglong
Aspirant

回复: Simply Can't Use My Nighthawk X10 R9000 Anymore

I have the same problem since 2nd October 2018 upload the V 1.0.4.12

Message 2 of 4
jdouglass
Aspirant

Re: Simply Can't Use My Nighthawk X10 R9000 Anymore

I installed the voxel firmware and after a night it seems to be working ok. But I'll let it run for a while before I feel confident its a solution. I dont know anything about voxen so I'm admittingly a bit nervous about using a non netgear solution but until netgear has a firmware that works for me, this will be my choice.

Message 3 of 4
Voxel
Star

Re: Simply Can't Use My Nighthawk X10 R9000 Anymore

@jdouglass wrote:

I dont know anything about voxen 

Funnily. BTW Voxel, not voxen. What do you want to know re: Voxel? Just FYI: I am the same owner of NG production. And I was dissatisfied by the quality of the stock firmware, the same as you. So it is why I started to correct it making all the best to make it workable. For myself first of all. Just to have stable routers. And I share my results. That’s all. Nothing else. And FYI source codes of my corrections are available in github. You may check it.

Voxel.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E