Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Simply trying to update r8500

sh4rkbyt31
Tutor

Simply trying to update r8500

Ok trying to update this router. After I download the .zip file I go to www.routerlogin.net, I put in sign in info and then get taken to a page which is title router password recovery, except thats not what I am trying to do? I don't know the answers and the questions being asked I'm not even sure were ever filled in?

I am at my wits end with this f****** router.

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
sh4rkbyt31
Tutor

Re: Simply trying to update r8500

Thank you for the reply. I did a factory reset in order to be able to access the update feature through Netgear Genie which will hopefully work? When I initially bought this router Genie update was broke from Netgear in the beginning and for several years after.
Ok all good now, it finally updated correctly. 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

what modem are you using? 

What is the ip address of the router? Have you tried accessing it via the ip address?

Or tried a different device?

From the sound of it, you're on the password recovery screen. If you didn't set it up , there is no correct answer. But it still asks. 

Message 2 of 3
sh4rkbyt31
Tutor

Thank you for the reply. I did a factory reset in order to be able to access the update feature through Netgear Genie which will hopefully work? When I initially bought this router Genie update was broke from Netgear in the beginning and for several years after.
Ok all good now, it finally updated correctly. 🙂
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7