Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Since upgrading R7000 firmware some of my devices connect to Wifi but no internet

John_Zee
Aspirant

Since upgrading R7000 firmware some of my devices connect to Wifi but no internet

Since the recent update of the firmware some of my devices at home will not connect to the internet.

My Sony TV, my CCTV will not connect remotely, my Samsung Tablet however my iphones do connect and have internet via the same router. Tried rebooting, switching off and re-setting with out any joy - frustrating!

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Since upgrading R7000 firmware some of my devices connect to Wifi but no internet

1. which firmware did you install? 

2. what modem/gateway are you connected to? 

3. Many say they re-set but don't actually fully reset. Make sure to push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while the router is fully booted and powered on. It'd require a full reinstall of the router. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Since upgrading R7000 firmware some of my devices connect to Wifi but no internet

1. which firmware did you install? 

2. what modem/gateway are you connected to? 

3. Many say they re-set but don't actually fully reset. Make sure to push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while the router is fully booted and powered on. It'd require a full reinstall of the router. 

Message 2 of 4
John_Zee
Aspirant

Thanks plemans for your response....

1: The firmware I installed is V1.0.11.106_10.2.100

2: Its connected to ADSL +2 which the IPS is TPG via PPPoE if that helps

I started noticing when the Genie App was replaced by Nighthawk app and as soon as I downloaded the new app it suggested and fireware update.

Excuted that update and ever since then I have been having issues with certain devices in the house. 

All of our iphones connect, foxtel connect 2x Tv's do not connect via wifi. My Samsung tablet use to connect but doesnt anymore, it says its connected via wifi but no internet.

My CCTV camera system which is hard wired into the R7000 works but cannot access remotely via Annke app ever since I did the firmware update 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@John_Zee wrote:

Thanks plemans for your response....

1: The firmware I installed is V1.0.11.106_10.2.100---The R7000 has been problematic with firmware. You can try factory resetting the router and reinstalling it to see if it helps. Many times it does help after changing firmware. If it doesn't, I'd recommend version 1.0.9.42 of the firmware for the r7000. 

2: Its connected to ADSL +2 which the IPS is TPG via PPPoE if that helps. A little but a model number would help more. 

I started noticing when the Genie App was replaced by Nighthawk app and as soon as I downloaded the new app it suggested and fireware update.

Excuted that update and ever since then I have been having issues with certain devices in the house. 

All of our iphones connect, foxtel connect 2x Tv's do not connect via wifi. My Samsung tablet use to connect but doesnt anymore, it says its connected via wifi but no internet.

My CCTV camera system which is hard wired into the R7000 works but cannot access remotely via Annke app ever since I did the firmware update 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7