Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Slow R8000 slow ethernet speeds

Slow R8000 slow ethernet speeds

My internet service provides 100mbs to the modem, which I have verified. However, I can't get more than 30mbs from the router through ethernet connections. I have tried different cables and computers, but am limited to 30mbs coming out of the router. The computers are good for gigabit speeds, which have been verified on other networks. How can I fix the router?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions

I solved the problem by logging into the advanced router settings and disabling QoS. Now getting 104 mbps down and 13mbps up.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. what modem is it connected to? 

2. what firmware is on the r8000?

3. Did you recently upgrade your speed? If so, I'd start by factory resetting and manually reinstalling (not from backup). Reason why is I've read of old qos settings being retained even though qos was disabled and the router rebooted. 

Message 2 of 6

1. I've left the office so I don't have the modem info, but it's whatever MIDCO uses. I'll check tomorrow. It's definitely passing 100mbs.
  2. I just installed the latest firmware. Can provide the exact version tomorrow.
  3. Yes, speed was upgraded from the old 30mbs to 100mbs a few days ago.

I'll do the factory reset tomorrow and report results.

Message 3 of 6

1. The modem is an Arris CM820
  2. Did a factory reset by pushing button on back of router: No improvement - 30mbs download, 4mb upload. (1/3 of bandwidth coming out of the router.
Message 4 of 6

I solved the problem by logging into the advanced router settings and disabling QoS. Now getting 104 mbps down and 13mbps up.

Message 5 of 6
Doneforgood
Aspirant

Fixed with new router not Netgear. DD-WRT immediately increased my speed with no tweaks. Still not right but just confirms Netgear firmware is just bad. 7hrs tech support told me the new router was bad but what it was is they can’t fix their own equipment. I solved the problem by buying a different brand. Who wants to fix a new product before they can use it? Tech support just hung up on me when they had no more answers. Some quality support here lol...what a joker
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7