Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Slow Wired Internet Speed Compared to Modem

Archonos
Initiate

Slow Wired Internet Speed Compared to Modem

I have Spectrum Internet with 50 Mpbs down and 5 Mbps Up. Recently I noticed my internet download speed is much lower than it should be (~ 3 Mbps). I worked with a Spectrum agent and I could get 50 Mbps down if my Netgear CM600 Modem was directly connected to my computer, but it only gets 3 Mpbs down when wired through the router (Nighthawk AC1900). I installed the latest firmware via manual download and factory reset the router (V1.0.8.34_1.2.15). This did not fix the issue. I replaced cables and cycled both the modem and router several times to no avail. I even tried rolling back the firmware with older versions to no avail. Everything use to work perfectly 50 Mbps down and 5 up through the router until recently. I haven't made any recent changes. I have QoS disabled. WMM is enabled (both options).  Spectrum told me I have an IPV6 address. I suspect the problem may be on their end, since the router is still technically working. I'm perplexed here folks. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks. 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Archonos
Initiate

Apparently it's amature hour over here. My problem was solved by, wait for it, restarting my computer. I spent 4 hours doing everything except that. I hate you Windows.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Archonos
Initiate

Apparently it's amature hour over here. My problem was solved by, wait for it, restarting my computer. I spent 4 hours doing everything except that. I hate you Windows.

Message 2 of 5
William10a
Master

Windows can cause more issues then you want to think about they even started to not to update if you use the newest cpus with any windows os under Windows 10 they say it is a Windows 10 world now and support for older os's has been on it way out for  a long time.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Disable IPv6 on the router and PC.

Seen other issues with Windows 10 and NAS. Will use WIndows 7 until the very end. LOL

Message 4 of 5
William10a
Master

Windows as last of the best Windows os's Windows 10 equals money for Microsoft Windows 10 was always about money if you need a app you find on their store and Apple has done as well for years even controls the pricing in the market place for its products, Microsoft just jointed the game 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7