Highlighted
Aspirant

Slow download speed R7450

Ive had my router for about 8 months and for the first 6 months everything work perfect but around the 7th month for some reason i have lost wifi speed. I get 60 mbs at best out of the 400mbs my modem puts out but i have %100 upload speed. When i do the speed test that is in the nighthawk app its getting 400mbs and more at times. All of my wired devices are 400mbs or more. Ive tried tech support and they tell me that there is a problem with the software and they can fix it if i pay them $80 to extend my tech support subscription. My concern is that they may not be able to fix it and i have seen so many fourms that talk about the same type of problems they usually dont say if they have good speed on the wired side or how their upload speeds are. So is there anyone that Has Had this problem with this specific router and does anyone know of a fix.

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Slow download speed R7450

What modem is it connected to? 

What firmware is on the router? 

What speeds do you get if you hardwire into the router? 

Are you speedtesting over 2.4ghz or 5ghz? 2.4ghz is much much slower than 5ghz and more sensitive to interference. 

What site are you using to test speeds with?

What device are you testing on? a 1x1 antenna device isn't going to have the same speed as a 2x2 antenna device. 

also, there's a difference between link speed and actual throughput. is usually around 55-65% depending on the device. 

CM2000-> Arris AX11000 W31-> GS716v2-> WAX***-AP
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

the modem is a Motorola E31T2V1

the firmware version is V1.2.0.32

hardwired into router i get around 430mbs 

wireless speed is the same with 2.4 and 5.0

im using a speed test app by Ookla and the speed test software in the router itself

ive used multiple device cellphone note10 plus to different laptops

the thing is i had the same cellphone when the router was new and i was getting 90 mbs on the wireless

i have brought the router to work to test on work network and it does the same thing as it would at home

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Guru

Try this. 

You're on the orginal release firmware. Its about 6 versions behind or so. 

Install the latest firmware manually over a hardwired connection, then factory reset the router, and then reinstall it manually, Not from backup. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7450

CM2000-> Arris AX11000 W31-> GS716v2-> WAX***-AP
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements