Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow download speed on Samsung TV

soccer1
Follower

Slow download speed on Samsung TV

I have a Nighthawk R6900P Router connected via ethernet to my Samsung TV (model UN55NU800DF). I speed tested the connection the other day after a router restart and had 100 Mbps download and 30-40 Mbps upload (I have 500 Mbps download service). Today the download speed is at 0.5-2 Mbps while upload remains 40+ Mbps. I have another ehternet connection from my router and that device is consistenly 400+ Mbps download and 40+ Mbps upload. 

Quality of Service is not currenly enabled on my router.

I thought maybe there was a cable issue, but that doesn't explain why upload speeds reamain high on my TV. 

Anyone experienceing a similar problem? Are there router settings I should adjust? It is quite frustrating as the low download speed is causing significant buffer when streaming video content. 

Thank you for any help.

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Slow download speed on Samsung TV

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Cable Modems, Routers and DSL Modems. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk WiFi Routers

No need to repost there, unless you want to – that will just clutter up the place with duplicated messages – but you might find advice related to your hardware.

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7