Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Slow download speeds Xbox one (WIRED)

MWD1984
Aspirant

Slow download speeds Xbox one (WIRED)

Hi All,

Since I got the Netgear R7000 Nighthawk my Xbox one has got terrible wired download speeds Most of the time it's between 6-10 mbit. When I check my connection (works just like speedtest.net) I get almost 100% of my ISP speed but when I go to download a game and check the speed, it gets nearly to 10 mbit. Occasionally when I restart the Xbox One or router the speed ups between 90-120 mbit but when I restart the Xbox One again it goes back to the very slow speeds. Port forwarding and IP reservation for Xbox one also didn't help. Nat type is open. I seriously don't know what to do. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
MWD1984
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I think I found a solution to my problem. One day I deleted my automatic DNS settings and put Google's DNS in my Xbox. Now I get around 70-90 Mbit, instead of the 6-10 mbit. Still not how it used to be but LOADS better than the past weeks. How is it possible that the auto settings for DNS are broken for me? Just when I thought I knew everything about routers/computers/internet I stumble upon new problems haha

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
netwrks
Master

If you have QoS enabled on the router, disable it, and try again.

Message 2 of 6
MWD1984
Aspirant

Tried that already.....but with no succes.
Message 3 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi @MWD1984,

Do you have other devices that are having the same performance issue with wired aside from Xbox? Is it possible to connect the Xbox directly to the modem and check if the connection is stable?

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
MWD1984
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I think I found a solution to my problem. One day I deleted my automatic DNS settings and put Google's DNS in my Xbox. Now I get around 70-90 Mbit, instead of the 6-10 mbit. Still not how it used to be but LOADS better than the past weeks. How is it possible that the auto settings for DNS are broken for me? Just when I thought I knew everything about routers/computers/internet I stumble upon new problems haha
Message 5 of 6
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The router by default will redirect DNS queries to your ISP, so if you know your ISP DNS addresses you can substitute those where you currently have the Google addresses to see if that was the cause of your issues, just as a test of course.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7