Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Slow download speeds

fdhsf
Aspirant

Slow download speeds

Hello, I have a r7000 router for my 1 gbps connection but I can´t get the full speed in wired in my company router I have full speed in speedtest.net I usually have 200 to 500 mbps I tried to downgrade the firmware to other version with the same result, router reset to stock values. I have a cat 6 cable, I tried to activate qos and wmm with the same result, I tried to change lan port 1-4 speed just increase 20 or 30 mbps. In router statidistics shows 1000m/full. That´s all, thanks for your comments.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
fdhsf
Aspirant

Yes my company router is in bridge mode and r7000 in router mode.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe that the R7000 may not have HW CutThrough handling for 1Gb ISP services. The 1000Mb on the RJ45 ports is a connection rate only of the Connection between the phsyical cable between the modem and router. Data throughput is different. If you did a full factory reset and set up from scratch and didn't enable QoS, Traffic Meter or any access controls and can't see near 900Mb+- non a wired speed test, I presume this router may not support it. I believe the R7800 does.

Message 2 of 12
fdhsf
Aspirant

I can´t see any higher speed than 450 mbps with all disabled, qos, trafic meter and circle.

Message 3 of 12
DukeAVW
Aspirant

I have an R7000 (main home router) with Gigabit AT&T Fiber and I get 950+ Mbps down/up via wired connections to our two desktop PC's. The hardware is capable of handling gigabit.

Message 4 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of FW are you using?

What ISP modem/ONT are you using?

@DukeAVW wrote:

I have an R7000 (main home router) with Gigabit AT&T Fiber and I get 950+ Mbps down/up via wired connections to our two desktop PC's. The hardware is capable of handling gigabit.

Message 5 of 12
myersw
Master

@fdhsf wrote:

I can´t see any higher speed than 450 mbps with all disabled, qos, trafic meter and circle.

Probably time for an upgrade.

One of the things folks overlook when upgrading Internet service is that the existing equipment might not be up to the task. I would think that the r7800 called out in previous message would handle it. Install Voxel firmware and should be good to go. Just make sure that what you get you can return if it turns out to not be up to the task. 

Message 6 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

@fdhsf wrote:

Message 7 of 12
DukeAVW
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I just updated to latest Netgear stock firmware last weekend - ver 1.0.9.34. Full speeds, zero packet loss after update so I didn't do a factory reset.

I'm at work right now. I'll have to check on the ISP modem and update later.

Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Kewl, hoping anything can be helpful for the OP. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 12
fdhsf
Aspirant

I have the last firmware V1.0.9.34_10.2.36 and I have hfc my isp router I think is a rebranded by my isp the company named saecom or sagemcom and the model is a F@ST 3686 AC. With company router I can get full speed. Thanks to all for help.

Message 10 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem. Then you can use the NG router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the NG router.

@fdhsf wrote:

I have the last firmware V1.0.9.34_10.2.36 and I have hfc my isp router I think is a rebranded by my isp the company named saecom or sagemcom and the model is a F@ST 3686 AC. With company router I can get full speed. Thanks to all for help.

Message 11 of 12
fdhsf
Aspirant

Yes my company router is in bridge mode and r7000 in router mode.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7