Slow internet speeds over wi-fi, as if half-duplex

xealo
Aspirant

Slow internet speeds over wi-fi, as if half-duplex

So this product has been flawless. About two weeks ago I upgraded the firmware to 1.0.2.164_1.0.15. I noticed soon after that at times my netflix would start buffering in the middle of a stream. This was never a problem. I promptly checked my link speeds and they were all great. I then did a speedtest check on my phone, tablet, and wifes phone. Sure enough, instead of the 24mbps download speeds that I was able to pull before I upgraded the firmware, I was only getting about 12mbps. My speeds over lan are unaffected.

I made sure to do a hard reset and power cycle after I had upgraded the firmware. The stranger thing is that our laptop is unaffected. Just our phones and tablet. We haven't done any kind of software upgrades to those devices.

So I'm wondering, what gives? Is it the firmware, or is it something else? If anyone has an answer, thank you.
Message 1 of 3
LeeH
Prodigy

Re: Slow internet speeds over wi-fi, as if half-duplex

Is this on 2.4 or 5 GHz?
Message 2 of 3
xealo
Aspirant

Re: Slow internet speeds over wi-fi, as if half-duplex

LeeH wrote:
Is this on 2.4 or 5 GHz?

5.0GHz on an ac device. So I have a some good news. I think it might be just my phone and tablet. I updated to the newest firmware released last night and the performance on my wifes phone is 23Mbps.

My android tablet and android phone have the same(and recently updated) custom ROM installed so I think the problem is not the router after all. Both of those are seeing identical performance. Anyways thanks.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E