Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow speed suddenly on R7000P

vfisher
Aspirant

Slow speed suddenly on R7000P

Nighthawk router R7000P, FW v.1.3.1.64, 1 month old Dell computer running Windows 10.  Suddenly yesterday, midday, download speed dropped from ~190 Mbps to less than 20 Mbps, on the primary computer which is connected to the router via ethernet cable.  However, it doesn't matter if I switch to a wifi connection instead.  All other devices running off our home's wifi network have normal speed.  Have completed all the usual steps:  reset EVERYTHING, router back to factory settings, called ISP, new ethernet cables, etc.  Anyone with more ideas?  Thanks!

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Slow speed suddenly on R7000P

Have you checked for updates on the dell for the wireless and ethernet drivers?

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you checked for updates on the dell for the wireless and ethernet drivers?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
vfisher
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM.  With the computer only being a month old, and considering the fact that my internet connection had been fine for that entire month, and only suddently went from "fine" to "horrible" within a 5 minute window, it never occurred to me it would be a driver issue.  However, I checked Dell later that day (after posting my query on this message board) and found out I had some updates available.  I figured I had nothing to lose at that point and, sure enough, after downloading/installing them, my internet connection returned to normal.  Wish I had thought of it sooner!

I appreciate your taking the time to post an answer to my issue.  Maybe somebody else with the same problem will see this thread and find out it's their solution too.  Thanks very much!

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7