Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Slow transfer speed to rcloud

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Slow transfer speed to rcloud

Couldnt find a specific forum for rcloud.

i've a question for the community: is there a known issue with very slow transfer rates over the web between an R8000 and the rcloud app on iphone?

i'm using "readyshare" with a USB 3.0 HDD to download photos over the web to my iphone using the rcloud app.  The transfer rates are very slow (>2 minutes) and even timing out, when I expect <5 seconds based on file size and connection speed between my router and the web.  (Upload of about 2.5Mbps)

I've also posted similar question in another thread with regards to USB speed on the R8000 itself, but maybe this is an app issue?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Just an update, today the speed improved dramatically and I'm currently able to browse my photos in a reasonable timeframe.  I have no idea whats changed but its not my setup.  I think the hardware (router and USB HDD) must be ok and the issue rests somewhere else.  I'm going to assume its a readyshare server issue and performance depends on the time of day. 

If they cant provide a consistent experience then I'm going to stop using it.

I'll update this thread later.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Just an update, today the speed improved dramatically and I'm currently able to browse my photos in a reasonable timeframe.  I have no idea whats changed but its not my setup.  I think the hardware (router and USB HDD) must be ok and the issue rests somewhere else.  I'm going to assume its a readyshare server issue and performance depends on the time of day. 

If they cant provide a consistent experience then I'm going to stop using it.

I'll update this thread later.

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ok, the issue is with the Rcloud service and not my router or the USB 3.0 HDD.

Rcloud is very unreliable and inconsistent.  Occassionally it performs well but more often than not it just sucks.

There are far too many times when its way too slow or just times out,

It seens to buffer up files by trying to download in advance which I think is a very flawed approach as I dont necessarily want to retrieve the files it picks.  This buffering is reducing responsiveness.

Because I live in the southern hemisphere its possible they're running housekeeping tasks just when I'm using it, but I'm guessing, whatever the issue its an exercise in frustration and I cannot recommend the service to anyone.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Is your iPhone connected to your local WiFi network, or are you transferring over cellular?  ReadyCloud does connect through Netgear Cloud Servers if you aren't connected to your home network, but it should be doing a direct transfer if you are on your home network.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7