Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Smart connect

sysdom
Aspirant

Smart connect

Re: Smart Connect  Model:EX8000

Can you use one SSID for the 2.4 GHz, 5Ghz and  5GHZ-2 wireless network on the NightHawk X6S (AC3000) Tri-Band WiFi Range Extender?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
William10a
Master

Then enable the smart connect I have posted the need munual above in a earler post I believe under set up.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
William10a
Master

@sysdom wrote:

Re: Smart Connect  Model:EX8000

Can you use one SSID for the 2.4 GHz, 5Ghz and  5GHZ-2 wireless network on the NightHawk X6S (AC3000) Tri-Band WiFi Range Extender?

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX8000/EX8000_UM_EN.pdf

Above is the link for the manual

The answer is yes if smart connect is enable on the range extender saw it in the manual if thats what you want.

Message 2 of 7
sysdom
Aspirant

Let me rephrase the question- can you setup one SSID on the Nighthawk X6S (AC3200) for the 2.4GHz, 5GHz and 5GHz-2 wireless network and use it with the Nighthawk X6S Extender (EX8000)?
Message 3 of 7
William10a
Master

Yes disable the smart connect on the extender then you you will have three bands each with their ownn ssid it is the manual as well

Message 4 of 7
sysdom
Aspirant

I want to use the same SSID for the three bands.
Example -
Juno34 =2.4 GHz
Juno34 =5GHz
Juno34= 5GHz-2
Message 5 of 7
William10a
Master

Then enable the smart connect I have posted the need munual above in a earler post I believe under set up.

Message 6 of 7
Jdl80
Initiate

I see that this issue says solved but I don’t agree. Maybe it’s because it is not clear what the solver is saying. I have a similar question: I have an R8500 with all three bands set to the same SSID and with smart connect turned on for the two 5ghz bands. I also have an X4S extender with the same config. All three bands with the same ssid and smartconnect on. Is this the optimal configuration ? Should I turn smart connect off of both of them so there is a dedicated wireless signal between the extended and the router? And do I need to make that dedicate link with a separate ssid so the others don’t try and jump on it?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7