Some problems with R7500

chunhoo
Aspirant

Some problems with R7500

I found some problems with R7500

Genie apps for ipad
When I open network map, it always show me authentication fail
I use android mobile/tablet without any problem.

Remote Management
Remote Management Port affect local admin web page get no response from router. I setup remote management port e.g 8020. Use my mobile browser type "http://[WAN IP]:8020" e.g."http://123.10.23.12:8020". After that I got no response when I use local computer to open local admin page. e.g "192.168.1.1".

How come the web admin pages loading very slow?
This router have fastest 1.4Ghz Dual Core processor, I think that pretty enough to loading web admin pages.

===================================================
Hope some Improvement

Can I setup another login and password in ReadyShare for my friend use my storage.

Can the router status show cpu and memory usage and CPU temperature.

Can the LAN Setup page show the active clients, wireless clients and DHCP Client on the table List
Message 1 of 6
Redtulips7
Apprentice

Re: Some problems with R7500

It has nothing to do with faster Processor but with Router firmware!!!
Nighthawk AX12[RAX120]
Nighthawk X10[R9000]
Message 2 of 6
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Hi Chunhoo,

I got few question regarding your inquiries.

1. When opeing network map, did it ask you to type username(admin) and passwor(password)?
2. Have you tried using a different port aside from 8020?
3. Did you experience slow loading of page in all web browsers?

Can I setup another login and password in ReadyShare for my friend use my storage. - This can be a product feature request but netgear only uses admin and password as default.

Can the LAN Setup page show the active clients, wireless clients and DHCP Client on the table List - You can check this under attached devices. It will show device actively connected to the network both wired and wireless.
Message 3 of 6
chunhoo
Aspirant

1. When opeing network map, did it ask you to type username(admin) and passwor(password)?
Yes, it did ask me to type login and password. I got this message "Router authentication failed. Please re-login your router.".

2. Have you tried using a different port aside from 8020?
I have tried different ports e.g. 3000, 5000, 10001. I got no response from the router.

3. Did you experience slow loading of page in all web browsers?
I use Firefox and IE8. Some admin pages take about 8-15sec to load. e.g Basic Home page and Attached Devices pages.

Can the LAN Setup page show the active clients, wireless clients and DHCP Client on the table List - You can check this under attached devices. It will show device actively connected to the network both wired and wireless.
=> Under attached devices page, it only show current clients are connecting the router. I finally found the client info in access control page.

Thanks for help!
Message 4 of 6
Fairytail
Virtuoso

How about using the defualt port number 8443 in accessing the remote management?
Message 5 of 6
chunhoo
Aspirant

minions08 wrote:
How about using the defualt port number 8443 in accessing the remote management?

I already tried many ports. I got no response in LAN admin page when I open "http://:" at the same time.

I think this is security issue. If someone attack my router remote management port, how can I login and management my router in LAN network.

I am very disappointed in netgear firmware.
Why some simple functions did not provide in this router?
QOS (cannot manually setup attached devices priority)
Wireless connection (cannot setup wireless mode and Channel bandwidth e.g N-only or 20/40MHz)
VPN for mobile. e.g. pptp

Please do some improvement!
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E