Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sonos System - Move Speakers and Orbi RBR850

CDSTAG
Aspirant

Sonos System - Move Speakers and Orbi RBR850

I have upgraded from a Nighthawk 8x to a ORBI RBR850. I have 12 Sonos speakers in my house that worked fantastically well with the old router. I decided to upgrade to a Mesh system to improve the trafic inside the house. Everything work supper fast with the exception of the Sonos Moves. They can't be picked up by the sonos app. Tried most of the fixes on the forum to no success. All the wired speakers work ok. Just the moves are missing. Thanks for your ideas to solve this.....

The new router is missing in hte router list

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
CDSTAG
Aspirant

Re: Sonos System - Move Speakers and Orbi RBR850

A Sonos support representative, found the solution to the connection of Sonos Move to AX6000.

This the procedure: 

1) Reset Sonos Boost by unplugging the device for 10 seconds and reconnecting the power. 

2) Ones the light gets solid white, Remove Sonos Move from the charging base.

3) Turn the Sonos Moves off by pushing and holding the power buttons until the speaker sounds goodbye.

4) Wait 10 seconds.

5) Push the infinity sign in the back of your Move speaker and while pressing put the move on the charging base.

6) keep pushing the infinity sign while the indication light goes from white, to white orange blinking and then to green blinking and green solid

7) Open the Sonos S2 application and follow the sequence to add a new device. If your Sonos App was already open, the speaker will appear automatically.

😎 Follow the indications to conclude installation. 

Everything works flawlessly now and there was no need to change anything on the Router channels, SSD names or anything.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
CDSTAG
Aspirant

A Sonos support representative, found the solution to the connection of Sonos Move to AX6000.

This the procedure: 

1) Reset Sonos Boost by unplugging the device for 10 seconds and reconnecting the power. 

2) Ones the light gets solid white, Remove Sonos Move from the charging base.

3) Turn the Sonos Moves off by pushing and holding the power buttons until the speaker sounds goodbye.

4) Wait 10 seconds.

5) Push the infinity sign in the back of your Move speaker and while pressing put the move on the charging base.

6) keep pushing the infinity sign while the indication light goes from white, to white orange blinking and then to green blinking and green solid

7) Open the Sonos S2 application and follow the sequence to add a new device. If your Sonos App was already open, the speaker will appear automatically.

😎 Follow the indications to conclude installation. 

Everything works flawlessly now and there was no need to change anything on the Router channels, SSD names or anything.

Message 2 of 7
bobalu
Aspirant

Hi All-

We have an RBR 50, Firmware V2.3.5.30.  Our modem is an Arris TM1602. 

Last week I purchased a SONOS Move.  Should be plug-n-play, right?  From the start the Sonos App was unable to locate the Move.  I am using an iPad 5th Gen. 13.7 to control.  The app recognized the Move during setup, but once that process was complete it could not locate it again, despite multiple tries at resetting the Move, reloading the app, powering everything (ORBI & Move) up and down, &c.

The ORBI knows that the Move is there.  In The Attached Devices page it shows up as SONOSZP and it is allowed.  Based on comments here in the Community I changed the 2.4Ghz Channel from Auto (7) to channel 11.

Gotta say, the SONOS techs have been super-helpful in trying to troubleshoot the problem, but ultimately it's not their box that has the issue. 

To test that theory I disconnected the ORBI (purchased 6-months prior to installation in our new house) and re-installed the Jetstream N-300 that we had bought for use during the construction.  From the get-go the Jetstream and Move set up and worked flawelessly.  What gives?  The cost of our ORBI and satellite plus the ORBI Outdoor extender were probably 40x the cost of the inexpensive Jetstream.

I love the ORBI and its coverage but the fact that it has this problem is not good.  Please help!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 7
CDSTAG
Aspirant

Have you tried the process I have discriebed above?. That has been working flawlesly since I made the review. Do not give up. 

Daniel

Message 4 of 7
bobalu
Aspirant

Hi Daniel-

Thank you for the suggestion!  It rurns out that the issue was with the primary network/guest network. I set up the SONOS Move on the Guest network because that password was easier for the others in the household to remember!  But I followed a couple of threads that I saw at the bottom of your reply re: ORBI & SONOS and saw a reference to the fact that logging SONOS into the guest network could be a problem.  And so it was.  The SONOS is working fine now.  Thanks for all.

/bob

Message 5 of 7
alertoroink
Aspirant

If that doesn't work, it might be an issue with your modem and router using the same SSID. I have an AT&T BGW320 which doesn't allow WiFi to be disabled (have to do an IP passthrough). For reasons I can't comprehend, the Sonos Move was causing it and several other devices to switch connections to the modem instead of the router. I renamed the modem to something else, thus forcing devices to only choose the Orbi network, and the connection stabilized.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I would ask the ISP about disabling the wifi radios on the Arris gateway. There should be something to disable the radios. Specs require a user to be able to disable the radios if needed.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7