Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Spectrum

Moist_potato
Aspirant

Spectrum

I'm looking into a new router is this one compatible with spectrum and am I going to lose out on my mbps or anything I current have the 400 mbps package. Thank you.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Spectrum

You should check out our wifi 6 range of routers.

https://www.netgear.com/home/discover/wifi6/

DarrenM

Message 2 of 10
Moist_potato
Aspirant

I bought the xr500 for gaming purposes I just wanted to know if its compatible with spectrum.
Message 3 of 10

@Moist_potato wrote:
I bought the xr500 for gaming purposes I just wanted to know if its compatible with spectrum.

Have you thought of asking Spectrum this question? It should know which hardware it supports.

The router will work with any Internet service that supports a router. Most do.

Sorry about the vague answer, but "Spectrum" could mean many things. Is it your ISP? A brand of modem?

And ISPs can deliver the Internet to customers on different ways. That means that they use different sorts of modems. You will probably need one of those between the router and the socket in the wall.

Message 4 of 10
Moist_potato
Aspirant

Thank ypu and yes my isp is spectrum i have a hitron en2251 modem
Message 5 of 10

@Moist_potato wrote:
Thank ypu and yes my isp is spectrum i have a hitron en2251 modem

That looks like a straightforward modem. (Not a modem router.) It may also support phones, but that should be an issue.

DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem | EN2251-HSP | Hitron Americas

There should be no problems with the xr500.

If you do need help with it, remember to ask in the right place.

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 6 of 10
Moist_potato
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your help and I haven't registered it yet it should be here sometime today and I did download the manual and have been studying it. Is there a useful link to help me set it up to a specific game like call of duty. Once again thank you.
Message 7 of 10

Have fun. When I beta tested Netgear's first DumaOS device, it looked a bit complicated. But I am no gamer.

Message 8 of 10
Nikkofury
Aspirant

I have an AC1900 that doesn't seem to be compatible, I updated the firmware. Is there something I can do to fix this or do I need a new router?

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 9 of 10

@Nikkofury wrote:

I have an AC1900 that doesn't seem to be compatible, I updated the firmware. Is there something I can do to fix this or do I need a new router?

I doubt of that has anything to do with the conversation so far. If nothing else, the R6900P, if that is what you own – AC1900 is a wifi speed thing that could apply to various Netgear devices – is nothing like the XR500, a Gaming Router 

Without some useful information on what you are doing ans where it goes wrong. you won't get much in the way of useful answers.

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related, then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide. For example, as this is a router, it helps to know what modem you are using and the various things that you have tried to fix the problem.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7