Start QoS failure

HanYol0
Aspirant

Start QoS failure

Just upgraded my Cox internet service from 300/30 to their gigablast plan. This required me going from an Arris SB 6183 docsis 3.0 to a docsis 3.1. I ended up buying a Netgear CM1000 modem yesterday from Fry's and hooking it up as soon as i got home. 

My problem is with QoS as i cannot enable it at all now on my router. With the SB6183, had no issues. I've gone through doing resets on both my modem and router, leaving power unplugged yada yada and still the same thing. When i run speed check through the speedtest feature on the QoS page, it comes out to 937 ish / 37. I then click on dynamic QoS box and hit apply. It takes like 2 mins for the progress bar to complete just for it to error out saying start QoS failure. I have tried setting speed manually at 900 down / 30 up and even 800 down. 

When i do a speed check directly at the site, my speeds come out to between 700 and 900 randomly. Cox says my line speeds have no packet loss and showing above normal throughput. 

Not sure why my routers speedcheck consistently shows 930ish down but going through speedtest.net directly does not, both are going to nearest server from what i can see. 

Router is on latest FW as well.

Any help please?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
HanYol0
Aspirant

Re: Start QoS failure

....anyone?

Message 2 of 4
HanYol0
Aspirant

Nvm, fixed my issue by downgrading FW to previous release. Netgear is aware of the issue.

Message 3 of 4
Neurotix82
Tutor

This was a really inconvenient update for those of us that prefer manually allowing devices to connect. Half of my devices are blocked, though I actually thought ahead and switched to "allow all devices" before updating the firmware.

Assigning static IP's does not work around the IP blocks. For the price of this router, it's hard enough keeping it set up just right for "router behind router" conditions with ATT's Pacer gateway. It's extremely frustrating when things continue to go wrong because firmware updates always seem to be along the lines of beta testing.

It's better off left alone if this is what is to be considered routine. At least that way, those of us that are somewhat experienced can push on without unnecessary extended downtime.
Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements