Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Stop changing 5ghz channels

dbl9000
Aspirant

Stop changing 5ghz channels

I live in a pretty wifi congested building.  I used WifiInfo to find a 5ghz channel without any traffic.  So I set my Nighthawk c7000 5 ghz channel to be 128.  The router will start on 128 but if I check on wifiinfo later (or check on routerlogin.net) my router has changed channels, sometimes its on 108 or 161 or 60 or 44, even though it is set to be on 128.  Is there a way to lock it to a specific channel with out it roaming around?  I could not find any setting that would lock it in.

Thank you.

Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
James721
Luminary

The channels you are chossing are DFS channels. DFS channels are subject to scan for radar if radar is detected they must vacate the channel and switch to another. To avoid this only pic channels 36-48 and 149-161. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
labatt
Mentor

Channel is one of the DFS channels. If the router detects something that it thinks is radar, it will switch channels,

Brief description here.

https://wifi-insider.com/wlan/dfs.htm

Message 2 of 4
James721
Luminary

The channels you are chossing are DFS channels. DFS channels are subject to scan for radar if radar is detected they must vacate the channel and switch to another. To avoid this only pic channels 36-48 and 149-161. 

Message 3 of 4
dbl9000
Aspirant

Thank you! Solved,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements