Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Storage Device Capabilities

dpo91
Aspirant

Storage Device Capabilities

I recently bought the R7800 [Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router] and was thinking of buying a Western Digital 4TB portable external hard drive (USB 3.0) to use as a storage device connected to the router.

The primary use of the storage device would be to back up our households three mac computers (through time machine) and three windows computers. I was also thinking of setting up an itunes server and readyshare, if possible.

Could I partition the hard drive so that's able to back up our mac and windows computers as well as get the itunes server and readyshare capabilities?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Storage Device Capabilities

Hi dpo91,

It still depends on your drive if it is possible to have multiple partitions with different file system since MAC uses different file system and Windows as well.

JamesGL

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi dpo91,

It still depends on your drive if it is possible to have multiple partitions with different file system since MAC uses different file system and Windows as well.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi dpo91,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7