Highlighted
Aspirant

Strange QoS problem on R8000 AC3200

Hi all,

I'm a long time Netgear customer and I'm actually experienciung a very strange problem that I'm unable to fix. 

Sometime with QoS activated inbound and outbound traffic are swapped in the Attached Device panel and the results is choppy voice on VoIP and very slow performance since the limits are appliend in the opposite way.

The only solution is to disable and re-enable the QoS.

Thanks

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: Strange QoS problem on R8000 AC3200

I've got an R8000, and Attached devices seem to be a problem. I'm on V1.0.4.28_10.1.54 firmware. Via browser I can't edit names. Using a mobile app I can edit names, but if they get carried over to the Browser Genie is hit or miss. I'll also see devices listed on the wrong connection randomly.

Not surprised that QoS could be causing problems, although I've not seen other reports here like this? If still under FREE WARANTY support I suggest you report this to NG.

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

Unfortunately is out of warranty.
With QoS enabled, every time I change something in the configuration the problem start again.

I need a reliable network device with good implementation of QoS. If isn't a bug, I would start thinking to purchase a new device. Since i'm working for home, is really important to me that family network traffic doesn't break conferencing or slower internet traffic from my computer.
Message 3 of 4
Virtuoso

QoS is not working well on this model. Even when it is on together with parental control and DLNA, it crashed the router. (Sound familiar, huh...) even with newest firmware.
It Al's ok messed up the attached devices list, make it not a reliable info.

The firmware immediate to newest firmware seems to work better in QoS
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements