Strange behavior LED Lights.... Is something up with R7000?

RTR16
Follower

Strange behavior LED Lights.... Is something up with R7000?

Just purchased the R7000 and set up was clean, and quick! Speeds over wifi have increased dramatically since I connected the R7000. One issue though and after researching it, can't find a solution/answer.

So, the LED lights ethernet 1-4 are on front of the R7000. I have confirmed and reconfirmed the sources at the other end.... (Apple TV, NAS, Network switch, and another Apple TV) are all connected wired to my network. Each work as they should. The issue is, with exception of ethernet port 4 (NAS) which light is solid white. Ethernet port one has no color, ethernet port 2 and 3 are flashing red. Based on my research, a solid light indicates connection. Blinking is sending signal.... is this telling me it is sending signal? If so, why would the source be working as it should? Ports 2/3 have no color, nothing. But, each source works as it should. I have rebooted modem/router several times with no luck.

I am at a loss and as long as the source works as it should, I guess I am ok with it.... but my preference is to have it work as advertised.

Any suggestions/help appreciated.
Thank you,
Message 1 of 4
RTR15
Aspirant

Re: Strange behavior LED Lights.... Is something up with R7000?

Ok, a bit more digging on my end and it appears the flashing red are only receiving speeds of 10/100. This makes sense as the switch I am using for this is the mono price, 16 port/speeds of 10/100. I am no expert, but does this make sense? The sources work, but due to speed of switch will result in slower speeds? Almost like the router is too fast for the switch?

Lastly, I figured out the no light on port one of the router. My bad, the other end was somewhat disconnected and after resetting/inserting... this light is now white.

Hopefully all of this makes sense.... TY
Message 2 of 4
bobcageon
Guide

What happens when you disable all LEDs in the control panel? Did you upgrade to the latest firmware, and THEN reset to factory defaults, and finally, configure your settings? Just some suggestions
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Usually amber is 10/100 and green is 1000 indication.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation