Re: Strict XBOX One NAT?

Duster
Aspirant

Strict XBOX One NAT?

Hi, I keep getting strict nat type on my x-box one. Can anyone please advise the best way to fix this. I have the latest firmware for router. Thanks

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
TheWorstPing
Apprentice

either enable UPNP 

or go to advanced tab then look for port forwarding and enter these numbers accordingly

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)
  • These ports are for xbox one + xbox live to work correctly

Now when i say Either thats what i mean lol, dont do both (upnp/portforward) at once because they are almost the same thing. Upnp would be easiest and fasted way to get the ports open automatically.

Message 2 of 4
Duster
Aspirant

UPNP was enabled already. should I still open the other ports then?

Message 3 of 4
TheWorstPing
Apprentice

in  most cases upnp should have given you an open nat... but anywho, you have 3 options left

option 1 : Port forward, if you can figure out how to do it then id say turn off Upnp and go with port forwarding. its farly easy to do, i figured it out rather quickly and needless to say i havent had a lot of experience with network tech stuff or anything else rather. There are tons of tutorials on how to port forward on youtube and even portforwarding.com

option 2: set your consol to DMZ on WAN settings, this will open all ports to that console. (this would also bypass firewall for that console , although i think you would be fine without any for a game console perhaps... a lot of people do this to get open nat and it always works. Dmz is the easiest to do since you literally just type in the ip of the console and DMZ it on netgear login. 

option 3: plug your console directly into MODEM, this will have the same effect as the DMZ i just mentioned , except you dont have to configure anything you just plug right in and done.

if i were you i would try to figure out port forwarding, if it gets to be to combersome of information to figure out then just DMZ your console and you should be done with it. hope it helps !

edit: if you do any of these above steps then TURN OFF Upnp. and ONLY do one of these steps, doing 2 of these is pointless as they pretty much serve the same purpose. what your doing is opening a window in a room that has multiple yet your just opening to get some fresh air. when you open all the windows (all the steps such as : upnp, DMZ, port forward) your basically opening all the windows when you can just open 1 and get the same result.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E