Suddenly Limited Speed

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Suddenly Limited Speed

I am really confused here. I just upgraded to Windstream Kinetic Gig, and running everything straight from the source (no router) I am getting the speeds I expect (approximately 935 Mbps up and down). When I move the source to the router (using all the same cables), my speeds drop to around 200 Mbps down and 500 Mbps up. What's really got me frustrated is that everything was working just fine this morning, but I unplugged everything to resituate my network cabinet, and now it isn't doing what it was before. What gives?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Suddenly Limited Speed

Was qos, traffic monitoring, armor, or any other monitoring turned on for the router? 

this disabled the ctf (cut through forwarding) that allows these routers to hit gig speeds. otherwise the traffic has to be processed by the processor and it greatly slows the router.

Sadly, some routers qos gets retained even if you turn it back off. You can try shutting all the monitoring off, rebooting but many have to reset-reinstall to get the full settings removed and ctf working again.

What firmware are you on?

modem you're using? 

Current setup: CAX80->Trendnet TEG-S380->GS716T-> RBK752->pi-hole
1.4gig download/50mbps upload
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E