× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Support for A7000

FaridMono
Aspirant

Support for A7000

I have recently been having issues with connections dropping in and out with my home internet perfectly fine. I have downloaded the Netgear Genie software and updated the firmware with no improvements on the situation. I called up support only to realise that I have to pay for support after 90 days which I wasn't aware of. I find this unreal and have never experienced this with any other product in this market. I was recommended the A7000 as it was supposed to be one of the best in the industry and it worked great for a while. I'm not sure why it decided to stop working properly all of the sudden and to have to pay for support on a product that is faulty, doesn't seem right to me.

The support guy told me there's nothing he can do if I don't pay for the support plan. He says that they have to go in and make a specific connection to a specific frequency? How is that normal practice for network adapters? Supposed to be for general consumer use right? My mobile phone connects perfectly fine. My dad's desktop with a small TP link usb works fine when the modem is upstairs nearer to me. I don't see the justificaiton for charging people hundreds of dollars to get some help with this product that's supposed to be amazing.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 6

Re: Support for A7000

I can't see any description of the problem you have in that message.

You say:

@FaridMono wrote:

I have recently been having issues with connections dropping in and out ..

Without more information that could mean just about anything.

Message 2 of 6
FaridMono
Aspirant

So what more information do you need? I can let you know. 

Because this adapter just keeps disconnecting randomly with no actual issues with our home internet services. I have looked online and there are a lot of people experiencing the same problems. I have gone through all the fixes that other people have suggested like disabling Runswusb etc but still getting disconnected randomly. The Tech support guys says its not a hardware issue so I don't know what it is.

Please do tell me what more info you need from me other than the core issue of the adapter disconnecting randomly all the time. 

Kind regards,
Farid

Message 3 of 6

Your first message was a long(ish) account of your dealings with Netgear support, none of which is relevant to fixing your problem.

All that we know about that problem is that you were "having issues with connections dropping in and out".

That said nothing about any pattern there might have been or what you had tried to fix it.

Here is a similar discussion where the person who asked for help described their situation in a little more detail:

A7000 Nighthawk consistent drops, ping spikes - NETGEAR Communities

You say you have tried everything you can find. I assume that it included the suggestions made there.

Message 4 of 6
FaridMono
Aspirant

Well yes. My long-ish accounts of my dealings with the tech support was one of the problems. They did not want to help unless I paid them which I find is ludicrous.

But back to the main problem at hand. What was suggested as a solution to ensure that Windows isn't set to turn it off in device manager is something that is a common solution for everyone it seems. I did this already. It stopped the REGULAR random disconnections but it still disconnects randomly. Just more inconssistenly. 

So is there anything else that I can do? 

Message 5 of 6
FaridMono
Aspirant

So what is the solution? 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements