Support for R6080

rhopril
Follower

Support for R6080

Since I changed my router to netgear i am unable to connect to my security cameras or printers.

I keep hearing about port fwding. Have no idea if that would fix it or how to do it.

Do i need to change something on netgear website?

Model: R6050|A750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Support for R6080

@rhopril wrote:

Since I changed my router to netgear i am unable to connect to my security cameras or printers.

What are they?

Connected how? Wifi? Wired?

You may have to tell them to forget any past wifi connections they had and set them up again.

There is a manual for the R6080 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> R6080 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

By the way, you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to
Nighthawk WiFi Routers.
(This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.) Your device is a General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk).

You might get better replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk) - NETGEAR Communities

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E