Support pages at Netgear (missing?)

ninja660
Guide

Support pages at Netgear (missing?)

I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem - when I try uploading a support file to Netgear Support engineers following the link they have given in the emails - the pages used to load, now all I receive is a blank page.  I have all the current players/adobe files.  I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge - all come up with the same blank page.  Page headers load, but nothing else.  I was told a few days ago that Netgear was updating its pages and the like.  I get responses from the engineers but cannot send a response back to them.  GRRRRRRR!  I have tried reaching out to Netgear via Twitter - no response there either.

What gives?  Please fix so that we can continue supporting the Netgear support engineers with the info they request and not a blank page.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9
IrvSp
Master

Re: Support pages at Netgear (missing?)

This has been going on for over a week. It seems to change daily too?

NG has said they are 'working to fix it'...

You might want to call NG if you still have the 90 day free support...

Message 2 of 9
ninja660
Guide

I already have a case with tech support, it’s under the extra web support. I have 2 issues that I am dealing with at support. I’ve tried reaching out to Netgear via twitter and Facebook - to no resolve or no response. 🤬🤬🤬🤯🤯🤯
Message 3 of 9
ninja660
Guide

I left a message with one of the message base moderators, the message was relayed but Netgear support in their communications barrier forgot to read the note that they left for the support engineers - again, a communication barrier in a tech company - what else is new? GRRRRRR! I asked them to call at 9-10AM instead they call around 1:30 when I was out doing errands!!!! GRRRRRRRR!

Message 4 of 9
IrvSp
Master

Welcome to the club... I've been trying to get STATUS on my open case for a few weeks. I can't get anyway to contact them. I've even used the RMA path (which still works). All I got back was an automated response with a NEW case number.

It appears to me that the support operation (and its management) is not associated with anyone here (moderators) and there doesn't appear to be direct links for them either to reach the support people. Not even the IT people who messed up MY SUPPORT...

Message 5 of 9
Dood
Star

They've been promising for two weeks that they'd call to facilitate replacement of a broken item but never do. Due to the broken support page, every time I contact them to ask what's going on I have to create a new ticket. I now have five tickets, all for the exact same issue, and despite yesterday's "NETGEAR Priority Escalation Update" and a promise that they'd call, I got nothing.

Off to start another case....

Message 6 of 9
Dood
Star

Five open tickets but this is what I see:

Message 7 of 9
myersw
Master

More indication that Netgear is not the company they once were. WEB issues for 2 weeks plus crappy firmware makes for a company I no longer want for my network needs. R8000 and r8000p sitting on shelf. 

Very happy with Asus rt-ac86u. Just runs. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 8 of 9
ninja660
Guide

Understand that - I get mixed responses from Netgear support staff - especially when it comes to using the Netgear support on the Ready Share Vault stuff.  The R8000 manual claims that the Genie app has to be installed on *ALL* workstations/tablets/etc that want to run the backup software yet from the Netgear support, claims just the opposite that the Genie app is not necessary..  I have gone to bat several times asking why Netgear can't reach some idea of uniformity before releasing software to the wild (for us consumers) and then one hand has no idea what the other hand is up to.  Very frustrating to say the least!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E