Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Switch GS108 connected to Nighthawk RAX50 connection issues?

AdienMakram
Follower

Switch GS108 connected to Nighthawk RAX50 connection issues?

I replaced an Applie Airport Extreme conntected to a GS608 switch which was also connected to another GS608 in another room which had a Airport Express Wifi Transmitter.  Had no issues with that until the Extreme seemed to die.  

Replaced it with a Nighthawk RAX5400 and a new GS108 switch and off that another GS608 Switch to then connect the Wifi transmitter again.  Seems the ports on the back of the Nighthawk will connect devices, but when I try to add the switches, they will pass some information through, but will not connect my security cameras, nor to the next switch and for sure not the Wifi transmitter.  Also, when a device is left to sleep off the main router before the switches it will dump the connections and I have to reset everything.  If I put the Wifi transmitter to the back of the router it works, same for the cameras. 

Tried talking to tech support, got cut off and no call back.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Switch GS108 connected to Nighthawk RAX50 connection issues?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Does taking the GS608 switch out of the mix change anything? Try using only the GS608 switch with the router?

What version are the GS switches? 

What CAT# cabling are you using? CAT6 is recommended. 

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk RAX WiFi 6 Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7