Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

THIS Flash Drive SanDisk 64GB Cruzer USB 2.0 Flash Drive - SDCZ36-064G works on R6700v3 Readyshare

dave8361
Follower

THIS Flash Drive SanDisk 64GB Cruzer USB 2.0 Flash Drive - SDCZ36-064G works on R6700v3 Readyshare

After DAYS (literally) of trying four other flash drives unsuccessfully every way I could dream up, EUREKA!!, this SanDisk 64GB Cruzer USB 2.0 Flash Drive - SDCZ36-064G WORKS with Readyshare on my Netgear R6700v3 Nighthawk router!!!

The router shared it within minutes after I inserted it.

Accomplishing this is a HUGE accomplishment after trying so long and so many other drives.

The file I need to share is only one 6GB video so this works for me!

I know most of you who want to share a drive on your router will need to use much larger drives, USB 3.0 and probably on newer routers. But perhaps knowing that the technology on this SanDisk Cruzer USB 2.0 works with Readyshare will enable you to solve the very widespread problem of Readyshare reporting "No Disk" on Netgear routers.

Sandisk Data Traveler Flash Drives have been reported to not work- I tried one and it didn't work.

Netgear web info recommends only "Sandisk 64GB" so I found a "SanDisk 64G" drive in Cruzer model, not Data Traveler, and ordered it. I chose intentionally USB2.0 as its technology is older and simpler, thus more likely to work. USB2.0 serves my video plenty fast enough.

Hope my EUREKA discovery helps some of you!

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: THIS Flash Drive SanDisk 64GB Cruzer USB 2.0 Flash Drive - SDCZ36-064G works on R6700v3 Readysha

That's more than interesting since the USB mass storage device class (aka. USB MSC or UMS) is a well established standard protocol for more than 20 years. Typical reasons why a storage device on such embedded systems isn't recognized can be caused by additional partitions on the volume, or non-supported file systems.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7