Highlighted
Aspirant

The IP address conflicts with the WAN IP subnet. Please enter a different IP address.

Hello,

Has anyone seen this error and know how to fix it? I saw several other people report this.

I get it when I go in and try to change DHCP settings on my R7000. There are no conflicts whatsoever and no matter what I try and change on the LAN Setup page, this error comes up.

Could it be a big in the latest FW because it used to work fine.

Thansk
Message 1 of 11
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: The IP address conflicts with the WAN IP subnet. Please enter a different IP addr

What IP subnet is your LAN set to?
What is the WAN IP of the R7000?
Is your internet service DSL or cable or something else?
What is the make and model of your modem?

Have you tried reverting to the previous firmware version to see if the problem goes away?
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: The IP address conflicts with the WAN IP subnet. Please enter a different IP addr

I'm on cable. My IP is static and its 42.x.x.x, local lan is 192.168.1.x. Modem is an Arris.

This is definitely not anything to do with any of my settings.
Message 3 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

go back to what you where using in the firmware and see if it disappears
if so then yes you have a buggy router update or buggy firmware
easy test for you to try and report back
Message 4 of 11
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

red_hat wrote:
I get it when I go in and try to change DHCP settings on my R7000. There are no conflicts whatsoever and no matter what I try and change on the LAN Setup page, this error comes up.

Can you say what precisely you want to enter there please?
Highlighted
Aspirant

Solved the problem. It seems that defining the R7000 itself as a DNS server causes the problem.

Netgear claimes that de router is not a DNS server. I.M.H.O. very strange, because the only system that knows wich device has which ip-number is the DHCP server!!

I got the same error message when changing the ip-range of the DHCP server.

Removing the R7000 as a DNS server in 'Internet settings' solved the problem.

Message 6 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

Same problem here.

Added a few hosts as static entries. Apply ... everything OK.

Upgrade to V1.0.6.28_1.1.83.

Add another host. Apply ... Confilct.

Did not change any IP settings.

Setup:

- ISP procided access router, public address, nat, 192.168.A.254/24

- netgear r7000, wan 192.168.A.x (DHCP), lan 192.168.B.254/24, DHCP range 192.168.B.100-200

- static hosts 192.168.B.1-... and 192.168.201-...

A is not B and neither is 0 nor 255,

IMHO no conflict here.

Message 7 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

192.168.B.201... of course before anyone stumbles over that typo...

Message 8 of 11
Highlighted
Master

Hi yal92,

Are you still using the firmware version v1.0.6.28? This firmware has been pulled out from support site. You may try using the firmware version v1.4.0.30 and see if that has the same problem.

Message 9 of 11
Highlighted
Aspirant

So we're going back to the past.

The latest firmwar on the supportsite is: 1.0.4.30 (http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/R7000#register)

Version 1.4.0.30 cannot be found.

Message 10 of 11
Highlighted
Master

Hi ForumFredje,

My apologies. It was a typo error as I meant v1.0.4.30.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements