Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The best value modem for XR1000

RichardRO
Aspirant

The best value modem for XR1000

I would like to know if a CM2000 would be a good match for my XR1000. Or if I should choose a different model. 

Message 1 of 6

Re: The best value modem for XR1000

@RichardRO wrote:

I would like to know if a CM2000 would be a good match for my XR1000. Or if I should choose a different model. 

A modem is a modem is a modem. There is very little link between what it does and what your router does.

You just want something that works with your unnamed ISP.

This probably isn't the place to ask for informed advice. Neither the XR1000 nor the CM2000 are Nighthawk WiFi Routers, the topic for this section. They have their own bolt holes.

Try:

Cable Modems & Routers

or

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 6
RichardRO
Aspirant

You are saying the XR 1000 is NOT a Nighthawk Wi-Fi router??? Did you look at the specs of XR1000?? I don't get it what are you talking about.
Message 3 of 6

@RichardRO wrote:
You are saying the XR 1000 is NOT a Nighthawk Wi-Fi router??? Did you look at the specs of XR1000?? I don't get it what are you talking about.

Try reading the manual and everything else that Netgear puts out about the XR1000. The specs (Data Sheet) you quote clearly say "Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router".

That is not the same, in Netgear speak, as Nighthawk WiFi Routers. This means that ti has a different support bolt hole in this community. It does that because it uses a different operating system and firmware, written by a different outfit, DumaOS. That's how it gets to charge so much more than standard Nighthawk WiFi Routers. 

I mentioned only this to avoid you wasting your time asking questions in the wrong place.

Did you bother to follow, or even read, the link that I posted?

If you want to know about the XR1000, and to get feedback from other owners, click that link.

Message 4 of 6
RichardRO
Aspirant

Thanks for clarifying the "term"....I thought Nighthawk Wi-Fi routers are all the routers called Nighthawk...
Message 5 of 6

Nighthawk is just a label that Netgear slaps on to anything that takes its fancy.

Add that to the confusing structure of this place and it is easy for people to get lost. That's why it can help to point them in the right direction.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7