Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: The "Enable Smart Parental Controls on Your Router" nag ad pops up EVERY time I login

Kitlard
Aspirant

Re: The "Enable Smart Parental Controls on Your Router" nag ad pops up EVERY time I login

I'm on R6700v3 and there have been no now firmware updates. 

When will this be solved?

Message 51 of 72
Bpjb
Tutor

hi ... New update removes the circle advert. It replaces it with a nighthawk ad, which appears on the gui, but the nag is gone.

On r8000 anyway.

Message 52 of 72
kelvinkewl
Star

Thanks for the information. No new firmware for the R6700v3. @DarrenM  When is the corrected firmware being released?

Message 53 of 72
CRhode
Tutor

It's more than one month since Darren posted here. He has nothing to say that still satisfy us so is just staying away. More contempt from this disgusting dishonest company.

I'm only posting now because I didn't unsubscribe from notifications for new posts. I bought 3 new routers to replace the 4 NG's. They have better coverage so we were able to do without one. They're all configured, been tested and work very well. They're superior to the ones we had in every way. The admin gui loads in half the time (than NG) they reboot in half the time and the admin menu is much easier to navigate. I'm very pleased with them, so is the boss.

Since my last post, more than 15000 external emails have been sent with an extra signature apologising for any delays due to the problems with NG routers. Some time in the New Year when I'm satisfied everything is resolved, and when I find the time, the signature will be removed. That's the end of the road with NG for me, and I'm unsubscribing from this forum.

Best of luck to everyone but I don't think NG will change their attitude, what next week they do?
Message 54 of 72
DocDNA
Guide

Just updated to:

Firmware Version
V1.0.4.66_10.1.75

and no more stupid pop-up page!!!

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 55 of 72
fargofallout
Aspirant

Any plans to release updated firmware for the R7000P? I've been seeing these ads for the last month or two, and I really don't need to know about your Circle app every single time I log in.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 56 of 72
eidco
Initiate

A firmware update appeared the other day on my R6400.  After updating, the Circle ad re-appeared, but only once.

After the first appearance, it no longer shows up.  HOORAY!!  Netgear finally figured out they were being bad.

Thank you

Message 57 of 72
drchance
Initiate

I had to add my distaste for this nagging piece of adware on a product I purchased and own. Grrrrr ... I can't imagine the revenue stream was monumental enough to warrant irritating every single netgear admin on the planet. Everytime I login or refresh my browser it feels like a Netgear salesman is just laughing at me via that circle pop-up ... and there's nothing I can do ... except replace my netgear routers ... which, I will since it's time for a refresh in a few offices and we're not as integrated with something like meraki or ubiquiti. I'm a longtime netgear user here but forcing an ad on me is about as disrespectful as you can possibly get. Good luck Netgear!

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 58 of 72
CertifiedDoc
Aspirant

I'm running the current version of the firmware. This issue is still present. I've never heard of an official firmware update installing nagware on a router before. Considering that this has not been resolved after several months, I'm going to either downgrade my firmware of install a custom third-party solution.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 59 of 72
Flakie
Guide

Well with the new firmware they have made it worse.
Absolute disdain for their customers.

ADVERT Banner at the top.

One at the bottom

Now one on the left too!

Keep addng your crap netgear (scum). I will keep removing it.

192.168.1.1##div[class^="card-orbi"]
192.168.1.1###orbi-alert
192.168.1.1###footer

Message 60 of 72
MidnightRider67
Aspirant

Netgear does not care what you want or think, They sell you a prodcut with a 1 year warranty but will only care to even help you for 90 days after that you have to pay them another $80 to even talk to them, They want you to come to the forums to fix the issues that you have among yourselves instead of giving tech support.

Netgear has become a money hungry corporation that does not care about its users.

Unstable 5G on ruters, constant reboots, Nag screens to enable features with no opt out option.

They sell you junk and expect you to figure it out

90 days tech on a 1 year warranty then demand 1/4 of the router value to help you. Since when did this become acceptable

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 61 of 72
betty23
Aspirant

I downgraded my firmware just to get rid of this.  I don't want my router constantly phoning home to netgear to download ads that I don't want. 

Totally unacceptable.  I'm a lifelong Netgear user.  Nearly all of my networking products are Netgear branded.  If future firmware versions on my router's administration page contain banners to download Circle, the Genie App, use Armor, or whatever else, this will be my last Netgear purchase.

betty

Message 62 of 72
atuttle
Aspirant

Anyone else enjoying the very intrusive ads they now force onto your tablet or phone via the Nighthawk app?

Amazing how little they think of their customers.

Message 63 of 72
Robertos
Luminary

Does the latest firmware for R8000 still have the annoying banner ad at the top and the one which obscures a menu item in the left column?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 64 of 72
JTringali
Tutor

What's the status? I am usually a Netgear fan, have been for decades, and just got a bew R7900P and now I'm suddenly swamped by ads and popups for annoying crap on my admin page. WTF? People in the admin pages aren't the people who respond to ads in the first place. No, I don't want your armor, no, I don't want your parental tools, no, I don't want your app... no no no.... just open my admin functions and that's all. Kill these popups before I rip apart my home network and replace it all with something else.

Message 65 of 72
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I returned my router today because of the "Enable Smart Parental Controls on Your Router" SPAM pop up, and will never by a Netgear router again.

Message 66 of 72
nuaimat
Aspirant

Can you please remove this annoying pop-up! 

I am still seeing it on my R6900P 

Message 67 of 72

@nuaimat wrote:

Can you please remove this annoying pop-up! 

Nothing we can do about it.

You should know that this community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Arlo techies.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Arlo. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

If you want direct contact with Arlo, try the various channels in the Contact Us link below.

Message 68 of 72
Flashbugga
Aspirant

Doing the same - Enough is enough let alone FORCED & NON CONTRACTUAL advertising.
I am surprised that Even Netgear would actually break a lwaful contract with regards to forced advertising, but they see us "The Customer" as being nothing more than an entity to line their pockets with & have no actual respect for the fact we support their business.

Message 69 of 72
Witchdoc59
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem with my brand new Netgear NIghthawk R700P with the following firmware.  V1.3.2.134_10.1.66

I am in the market for a second router but at this point it won't be Netgear.

Message 70 of 72
kujayhawk
Tutor

Mine hasn't shown the ad pop up in months. I've got the R6700v3 router. A recent update must have removed it. I'm at firmware V1.0.4.106_10.0.80

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 71 of 72
Organic_Marble
Aspirant

It's stupid that we have to do this, but you can block the ads on Firefox with Adblock Plus.

Click the Adblock Plus stopsign icon, then select "Block Specific Element on this Page", click the ad at the top, then click OK.  Boom, the ad is gone.  Repeat for the ad at the bottom if you use the Basic tab.  That one has two individual fields you have to block.

Message 72 of 72
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7