Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

This Site Can't Be Reached / Garbage Router??? Solution buy a different brand of router?

Rokyan
Star

This Site Can't Be Reached / Garbage Router??? Solution buy a different brand of router?

Firmware upgrade and now, "Site Can't be reached" on multiple sites I use daily for work. I have tried all the solutions I have seen, Flush DNS  and all the others.  NOT WORKING.   I saw the suggestion to downgrade to older firmware but not willing to do that.  Are there any real solutions for this or is just time to throw those router in the garbage and get one that doesn't have this issue.   

Thanks if you find a real soltion,

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: This Site Can't Be Reached / Garbage Router??? Solution buy a different brand of router?

What modem do you have it connected to? 

Did you try enabling ipv6 and rebooting devices and the router? 

Have you tried using a custom dns for both the ipv4 and the ipv6 address? 

Message 2 of 10
Rokyan
Star

Re: This Site Can't Be Reached / Garbage Router??? Solution buy a different brand of router?

NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem CM1200 

Message 3 of 10

@Rokyan wrote:

Firmware upgrade and now, "Site Can't be reached" on multiple sites I use daily for work.

To which version?

Your description of the problem does not give much to go on.

What is the exact message that you see and what you you done to troubleshoot it.

I have tried all the solutions I have seen, Flush DNS  and all the others.  NOT WORKING.   

Only you know what you tried. Did it include a factory reset?

@Rokyan wrote:

I saw the suggestion to downgrade to older firmware but not willing to do that. 

You may have to do that if the problem is down to the firmware on your router.

The chances of doing any harm by reverting to earlier firmware are vanishingly small.

Trying an earlier version would at least confirm that this is the problem. It does not have to be a permanent move.

Message 4 of 10
Rokyan
Star

I love how most people on here respond but don't read.  THE LATEST FIRMWARE!  V1.0.4.76_10.1.82  

If you're going to not read the post and not think, then don't respond. 

Message 5 of 10

@Rokyan wrote:

I love how most people on here respond but don't read.  THE LATEST FIRMWARE!  V1.0.4.76_10.1.82  

Where do you say that? I can't find it in this conversation.

Forgive us if we don't dive all over the places reading messages elsewhere, if that is where you provided this essential information.

It is meaningless to say "the latest", which you don't seem to have claimed. By the time someone reads that here, we may be several versions on. Only the number, which is also missing from your previous messages here, means anything.

Message 6 of 10
plemans
Guru

Did you try enabling ipv6 and rebooting devices and the router? 

Have you tried using a custom dns for both the ipv4 and the ipv6 address? 

Message 7 of 10
Rokyan
Star

Upgraded Firmware.  Common  sense would tell most people on this planet that would mean the latests software.   Also not willing to use older firmware would again tell someone with common sense it's the latests firmware. If you're still confused you could look at the date of the post.

Message 8 of 10
plemans
Guru

@Rokyan You realize this is the public support forum where members of the public help out? We're not netgear. We're not paid to be here. If you're going to be rude/snarky with the people trying to help, you're not likely to get help. 

Message 9 of 10
Rokyan
Star

Good, I don't help from clowns who don't take a second to read.  They just want to hear themselves speak and of no use to most and it's clear when you read all the posts.  Lots of talk, very little real help.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7