greyk9
Aspirant

This netgear device is ready registered to another account.

I found the post that already deals with this issue but there was no solution posted and I was unable to add comment to it. I have been getting this error when trying to setup remote access. The router will not update to latest firmware even though is says the update was successful after reboot it is still the previous version. It also will not let me setup readycloud says my password/user name is invalid but I can log into readyoud in a web browser no problem. I have contacted customer support they said they were successful in registering my router but it change nothing all the same problems. Of course they closed the case so now I have to start over again. Anybody have a solution?
Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 5
labatt
Prodigy

Re: This netgear device is ready registered to another account.

Is this a new purchase? If so sounds like it was returned by previous buyer or was a Netgear refurb. Netgear is not good at removing old info when they refurb a unit. The registration issues help at top has an email address to contact them. 

Modem CM2050V
Message 2 of 5
greyk9
Aspirant

It was a new unit bought in December. Sorry I meant to include this in my original post. All worked until I did reset. I had done the reset to resolve an issue with settings. The reset resolved the settings but created this issue.

Thanks
Message 3 of 5

@greyk9 wrote:
The router will not update to latest firmware even though is says the update was successful after reboot it is still the previous version.

Prior registration will have no effect on the ability to update the firmware.

I would look for other reasons for that and the other symptoms you describe.

How are you doing the firmware update? Telling the thing to check for new firmware is not the best way to go about it.

And what firmware versions are we talking about here?

Not knowing what the device is, it is hard to say much more.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find the documentation, and, if there are any, firmware versions and drivers for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 5
greyk9
Aspirant

Netgear did say there is something wrong with the hardware so they are replacing it.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements