× Some paid Circle Parental controls customers may be showing free options only. Router firmware correcting this issue will be available ASAP. Visit Status.NETGEAR.com for updates.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Novice

Those with problems, what specific part # is on your router box?

From discussions on the R7000 on other forums, it appears that there are two versions of the R7000 when you look at the part # on the outside of the box that is being sold in the US.

There is the R7000-100NAS which supposedly is for the US and then there is the R7000-100PAS that is in the French and English language with one of the side flaps of the box in French and the technical support number in english is the standard toll free number but listed under it is a phone number for French technical support with a phone number is France as indicated on http://www.netgear.fr. Some have said this is meant for the Canadian market but it seems odd to have to call France for tech support if one is in Canada.

So there is always a chance that some of the problem(s) reported could be related to the actual part# from the box or a certain revision of the hardware or batch which would probably help more when posting to specifically mention which part # one has as the physical router itself even on the R7000-100PAS still has only R7000 for the model number with the FCC ID #'s.
Message 1 of 9
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: Those with problems, what specific part # is on your router box?

Because part of Canada speaks French?
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Novice

That explains only one part, but how do you explain the technical support phone number require calling internationally? Besides, a few of us have the R7000-100PAS who bought it in the US from vendors such as newegg, amazon, best buy and some even got it shipped from the distributor Ingram Micro.
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Novice

I have the PAS (bought in Canada). The bilingual box/documentation is probably the only difference.

What we really should be looking for are different revisions of hardware. Easiest way to get that info would be to open the router.
Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Novice

Temporel,

What you said is true. I have a question, is there actually any warranty information inside the box as my PAS doesn't have any warranty information even though the box says it's supposed to be inside.
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Novice

I dont have any warranty information inside the box .
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Regardless of paper is not inside is less to be worried about.

If you register the products at portal my.netgear.com It will show you the warranty dates. That is the most reliable tracking method
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Novice

Not always, just because the website says something doesn't mean anything as the website may show you warranty information because of some flaw and then later on, they will say you don't have a warranty because the product is not authorized for distribution in the US. This has happened before with other electronic products that people buy outside the country. The paper is the legal written terms and conditions since it's better to get something in black & white. Not to mention, no one cares about the product's own warranty when the credit card provides extended warranty with the requirement that there is a valid Manufacturer's US Warranty.
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Novice

Besides, I don't register the product on the website unless I am 100% certain I need tech support because it will be 90 days from the date the product is registered.
Message 9 of 9