Time Machine Issues

Hanaki
Aspirant

Time Machine Issues

This has worked great since I got the router up until a few days ago. Now every time my computer tries to do a backup the router shuts down for a few minutes and I lose the internet and the drive disconnects from my computer. This happens every time.Firmware Version V1.0.2.120_1.0.17. I have also manually connected to the USB drives and it does the same thing.

This was the only reason I spent $200 for this router. Before I spend an hour with support has anyone else had this issue?
Message 1 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Time Machine Issues

I have also manually connected to the USB drives and it does the same thing.

Not sure what you mean but connect directly to the Mac? If still happening directly to the Mac then maybe possibility is that your USB HD has an issues causing the router to behave when USB HG is hooked up to the router .
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 10
Hanaki
Aspirant

No I meant going directly to the share on the router rather than thru the time machine backup. I have the USB drive partitioned into ttime machine and regular drive.
Message 3 of 10
phreebsd
Aspirant

For starters, revert your firmware to 1.0.1.22.
the firmware you are using was pulled for various issues, some of the known ones you are experiencing.

Give that a go and see if this remedies your current woes.
Message 4 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

So you have two partition on your USB hard drive hooked up to router correct?
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 5 of 10
Hanaki
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
So you have two partition on your USB hard drive hooked up to router correct?

Yes I have two hard drives connected. One with two partitions for my Mac and the other USB drive for Windows and it worked great up until the 25th. That's about the same time I started not being able to connect via 5GHz. It took me about 20 minutes to finally get back online again.

I will try reverting back to an earlier firmware version and see if fixes the issue. If not it is back to Best Buy with it. Thank goodness for 45 day return policy. Also for some reason my Windows 8 computer has about 15 devices all name RS7000 can't figure that on out either. I specifically purchased this router for AC and purchased a USB AC for my work computer to connect on 5GHz.
Message 6 of 10
Hanaki
Aspirant

Downgraded to version V1.0.1.22_1.0.15 got on the internet just great. I pulled up my USB drive attached to the router and tried to open a picture and bam my internet shuts down on the router so nothing has changed. I had to go and do a hard shut down and startup on the router since when this happens I can't remote to it. And if you are wondering it shuts down the internet and connection for all my devices not just the computer I am on.
Message 7 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

It might be good idea to exchange it while you can ! 🙂
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 8 of 10
Hanaki
Aspirant

Wow unplugged my r7000 router, took my cable companies Arris router off of bridge mode and connected to it. Wow my web page reload speeds have doubled. I got the R7000 the same time as I upgraded my internet speed from 20 to 50. I thought my cable company just really sucked. Turned out the issue was the Netgear router. Very disappointing for a $200 router. Looks like I am taking it back and will just connect to my external hard drive on my computer rather than over wifi.
Message 9 of 10
NoXoZ
Aspirant

You could have tried to hard reset your router after downgrading the firmware. Of course, this is after creating a backup of your configuration file. This just to eliminate any errors that might have been brought by the other firmware.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E