Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Too many devices are "choking" the routers, disabling the wi-fi periodically.

ManyDevices
Follower

Too many devices are "choking" the routers, disabling the wi-fi periodically.

I have two routers:

• NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band WiFi Router (R6700)
  • NETGEAR AC1600 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router (R6260)

The first is connected to my modem. And the second router is connected to the first router.

The reason why I have two routers is because I have at least 44 wi-fi devices. When I had just the one router, at a certain point, it wouldn't allow additional wi-fi devices to connect. And it did this weird thing where it would begin disconnecting existing wi-fi devices. So I was trying to load balance between two routers which seemed to help for some time. But I'm in the same boat again.

The way I try to fix this is, I unplug all wi-fi devices, reboot the routers, then I need to slowly reconnect each device back because if I do it all at once it "chokes" again and doesn't restore wi-fi to all devices.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can stabilize my wi-fi? It's worse when there's a power surge that force reboots the modem/routers and I have to reset everything all over again.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Too many devices are "choking" the routers, disabling the wi-fi periodically.

Is the 2nd Router in AP mode?

Using far apart channels between the 1st and 2nd router? 

What is the distance between the 1st and 2nd router? 

How are the wifi configurations set between each router?

Message 2 of 3

Re: Too many devices are "choking" the routers, disabling the wi-fi periodically.

@ManyDevices wrote:

And the second router is connected to the first router.

Configured how?

How many clients can you connect wirelessly to a NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7