Discussion stats
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Top NETGEAR Support FAQs - Router Login, Firmware & More

I been trying to use the Nighthawk app on my iphone to connect to my C7000v2, but I can’t do it because it keeps saying the firmware needs to be updated....and it is updated to the latest one v1.02.09 for Spectrum, so what gives????
Message 26 of 40
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi, i need help about my net connection
My laptop is connected with WiFi and Internet access is good but i want to Lan access from my laptop to router its mean laptop can provide the link to router then router will through the Internet connection. Is that possible if it is possible so please tell me what can i do and how?
Message 27 of 40
Highlighted
Aspirant

Message 28 of 40
Highlighted
Aspirant

I’m trying to connect.
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 29 of 40
Highlighted
Aspirant

How can I change my network name and password?
Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 30 of 40
Highlighted
Aspirant

How can I rename my network and password?
Message 31 of 40
Highlighted
Guide

I would add # 12  How do I update my Firmware without using the Nighthawk App?

I am using my R7900 and accessing it through my routerlogin Web GUI.  (Tried Nighthawk app and hated and distrust it).

My GUI shows Firmware Version V1.0.3.18_10.0.42 and when I go to Firmware update it says my firmware is up to date.  Then I see a Beta v.1.014xxx (beta) on your site.  Guess this means until it is out of beta it cannot be updated via the update tool.  However, now we are getting dire messages to fix an insecurity issue with this router, I don't see how to get the patch and install it through the GUI.

Wiindows 10 64 bit Home

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 

Google chrome and Firefox both current.

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 32 of 40
Highlighted
Aspirant

Got security update email from Netgear earlier today, followed the steps and during the firmware update the router firmware seems to have corrupted (router power light is white blinking) . Now my PC doesnt connect to routerlogin.net. Not able to do anything. Can't find real support to fix....looked at the existing community information..its not helping.....when it is none of my fault. Its Netgears faulty firmaware update that killed the product and  I can't reach to support because its out of warranty. It  seems like a sly sales technique to sell new products by rendering existing ones useless. I'm very disappointed....!!! 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 33 of 40
Highlighted
Aspirant

Ive had my router for almost one year worked fine. Started to get authentication error on multiple phones. Tried powering down router and would work for a day and get worse. I put a fan around the router, thinking it would help, same thing would happen. Now all I get is no WIFI anywhere. All the lights are white. I am getting internet from my modem but not router. I have tried powering down modem then router and starting them up several times, modem first. I can not connect to routerlogin page, from WIFI and even hard wired. Let alone using the app, which is no good to troubleshoot the router. I tried factory reset and was able to get to routerlogin page for about 1 min and then it said could not find internet. So I couldn't see anyting enough to try and diagnose anything. I have tried to login in with 192.168.1.1 and www.routerlogin.net, nothing lets me connect. Ive tried it on several browsers, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox. I'vetaken the firewalls of my laptop, nothing. I am able to hard wire to the modem and get to the modems login page. Customer service has been no help. I've been struggling for days. Searching for several answers. I would try to update the firmware, if needed not sure if it is needed, but not sure how to do that if I can't connect to the router. Any help would be nice.
Model: CM1000-1AZNAS|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready, R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 34 of 40
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hello,

Hope someone can help.

From the NIghhawk  iOS App stuck at the log-on.

- Im connected to: NETGEAR_EXT Wifi (LED is GREEN)

Enter the user name = admin

Enter the default password = password

It returns the message = Login failed. Prease re-enter the correct admin password for your NETGEAR router"

Have done a factory re-set, still the same outcome.

Look forward to feedback on how to get past this.

Thank you. Barnard.

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 35 of 40
Highlighted
Aspirant

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 36 of 40
Highlighted
Aspirant

So I’m trying to use the nighthawk app but when I try to log in it said that the u it needs a firmware update! And when I go to routerlogin.net I don’t see any updates! The unit is with spectrum and I already talked to them, they pushed the latest update they have and still nothing so what gives?
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 37 of 40
Highlighted
Aspirant

i need a phone number to contact to get this AC750 wifi range extender Model-EX3110 to work

Message 38 of 40
Highlighted
Sensei

> i need a phone number to contact to get this AC750 wifi range extender

> Model-EX3110 to work

I hope that you're wrong.

First, you've posted your question about an extender in an
inappropriate thread in an inappropriate forum.  See:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/bd-p/home-wifi-range-extenders

Second, that's not how Netgear support operates.  Start at:
      https://www.netgear.com/support/

Third, you might want first to try some basic steps, or, at least,
collect more useful information for a problem description than you've
posted here.  Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model
number, and look for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Read.  Look
for "Troubleshoot".

Message 39 of 40
Highlighted
Prodigy

@dunewalker2u54 wrote:

i need a phone number to contact to get this AC750 wifi range extender Model-EX3110 to work

Whatever you do don't do a google search and call that number. They make their site look official, but typically just out after your money and may want to connect to your PC which can be dangerous. 

You have to go to mynetgear site and open a ticket. This is assuming the extender is still under their 90 day free support. If not then go to the area that was given and ask about your problem there.

Modem CM1150V
Message 40 of 40