Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Traffic Meter not working

Siebels24
Follower

Traffic Meter not working

Traffic meter not working it is on but everything says zero running firmware V1.0.2.46

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Correct question would be: Do you have daylight saving time settings on your router? If yes (I'm almost convinced it is), the traffic meter would always show nulls. Temporarily disable daylight saving time ... and you will experience the magic. Systematic issue on many if not all Netgear Nighthawk routers.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Siebels24,

Have you tried to reset the router?

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Correct question would be: Do you have daylight saving time settings on your router? If yes (I'm almost convinced it is), the traffic meter would always show nulls. Temporarily disable daylight saving time ... and you will experience the magic. Systematic issue on many if not all Netgear Nighthawk routers.

Message 3 of 6
CTH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Really good solution. If checking daylight saving time, I can not see the traffic. If I remove checking, I can see traffic. Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

More of a workaround I'm afraid. Left some nasty emails with Netgear about this systematic issue (among others) on the Nightawk product line. Not sure if Orbi and Orbi Pro routers are not affected, too. Mills are milling very slow these times - lot of updates need to be inherited these days. The price for working with a lazy OEM and even more lazy product managers at Netgear.

Message 5 of 6
CTH
Aspirant
Aspirant

You're right. It is a workaround; but it solved the problem. Traffic data was intact so it should be relatively easy to solve it definitively. In any case, it's a little stupid that a checkbox for summer time blocks traffic data.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7