Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble upgrading firmware R7000-V1.0.11.100_10.2.100

Garlou
Aspirant

Trouble upgrading firmware R7000-V1.0.11.100_10.2.100

So I got an email saying I need to upgrade my firmware, so I went on the Netgear site and downloaded the software.  It came in a folder and the file said:  R7000-V1.0.11.100_10.2.100.chk   which I could not open on my Mac by clicking on it.  So I opened up http://www.routerlogin.net and went to Advanced and then Administration, and then clicked on Router Update and saw my firmware version was V1.0.9.88_10.2.88   but when I clecked on Check, it said  No new firmware version available.   So now I am confused on what to do.  How would I load this new V1.0.11 firmware if it says I am up to date?   Sorry, I am new to this.

Thanks

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: Trouble upgrading firmware R7000-V1.0.11.100_10.2.100

@Garlou wrote:

So I got an email saying I need to upgrade my firmware, so I went on the Netgear site and downloaded the software.  

Those mass mailings go out from time to time. They aren't the result of Netgear inspecting your router and checking its firmware.

@Garlou wrote:

So I opened up http://www.routerlogin.net and went to Advanced and then Administration, and then clicked on Router Update and saw my firmware version was V1.0.9.88_10.2.88   but when I clecked on Check, it said  No new firmware version available.  

That's not reliable either. It can miss "hotfix" updates, for example.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

It will also have any firmware for your device.

Check the section in the manual about manual updates.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies

@Garlou wrote:

So I got an email saying I need to upgrade my firmware, so I went on the Netgear site and downloaded the software.  

Those mass mailings go out from time to time. They aren't the result of Netgear inspecting your router and checking its firmware.

@Garlou wrote:

So I opened up http://www.routerlogin.net and went to Advanced and then Administration, and then clicked on Router Update and saw my firmware version was V1.0.9.88_10.2.88   but when I clecked on Check, it said  No new firmware version available.  

That's not reliable either. It can miss "hotfix" updates, for example.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

It will also have any firmware for your device.

Check the section in the manual about manual updates.

Message 2 of 5
TOOMUCHSAUCE
Apprentice

Download the firmware manually. Unzip and drop the *.chk file on your desktop. Log into your router, go to Advanced--> Admin --> Router Upgrade. There you can manually browse to the firmware file. Do that and select upload. 

Message 3 of 5
Garlou
Aspirant

Thank you!

Did this and it upgraded fine.   I was just confused because it said no new updates were needed.

Lou

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 5
Garlou
Aspirant

Thanks!  I did waht TOOMUCHSAUCE said and it worked.    I was just confused because my router check said I was up to date, but you explained it doesn't always catch these updates.

Lou

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7