Trying to connect everything

jrock1058
Aspirant

Trying to connect everything

First, let me apologize that I'm not a techy guy. I don't know what I'm doing.

All I did is turned or all the wireless network and chose all security options WPA2-PSK [AES] and put all the same passwords.

Now, I can't connect my Blink security home cameras. I can't connect my TV using Amazon Prime. I can't connect pretty much any devices.

Please help. Thank you.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Re: Trying to connect everything

Hi jrock1058,

Did you change the network name?

Message 2 of 9
jrock1058
Aspirant

No, I didn't change the network name. All I did was, under SECURITY OPTIONS, changed it from NONE to WPA2-PSK [AES]. Until now, my Blink security is not working.

Message 3 of 9
William10a
Master

Do you have the manual for the Brinky's alarm system and the cameras to see what their supported security settings are and how to reset them to the new security setting of the router. The brink's web site should the manual or information that you may need.

Message 4 of 9
jrock1058
Aspirant

Sorry, I don't have the Blink manual.

Message 5 of 9
jrock1058
Aspirant

Should I put all the security options to NONE?

Message 6 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi jrock1058,

Try changing the name of the network as well. 

Message 7 of 9
jrock1058
Aspirant

Sorry, just came back from vacation. How do I change the name of the network?

Message 8 of 9
William10a
Master

Changing the security setting of the router to none would only allow everyone access to your network via wifi not a great idea.

Changing the ssid and password which can be changed in the router's gui, would let devices start with a new fresh access point but may not help with security system depending how you need to access it to change the network access settings.

If you know the model number of the security system you should be able to get the manual for it from the makers web site or may be a youtube site may have the answer you need for your resetting your system.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements