Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trying to set up blocking of steam and other sites without the person knowing Nighthawk R7000 Router

Axic10
Aspirant

Trying to set up blocking of steam and other sites without the person knowing Nighthawk R7000 Router

I have a 21 year old step son who has developmental disabilities and freaks out if we flat out block his internet in order to get him out of his room. I've tried to block the ports for Steam, but I don't think that's fully worked. Is there any way to block access to sites/services that don't explicitly say that the sites or services have been blocked by Netgear? Essentially I'm looking to keep his access on, but stop him from playing games online and accessing VPNs to bypass that during certain times of the day. 

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Trying to set up blocking of steam and other sites without the person knowing Nighthawk R7000 Ro

resevations is in LAN setup............blocking is done by adding rule from pull down menu.......  both are simple to do ....

https.png

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Trying to set up blocking of steam and other sites without the person knowing Nighthawk R7000 Ro

Try blocking HTTPS   use address reservations for his device so it gets same ip

Message 2 of 7
Axic10
Aspirant

I tried to so some searching on this, but I'm not sure if I'm following it. Are there any guides on doing this? Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

resevations is in LAN setup............blocking is done by adding rule from pull down menu.......  both are simple to do ....

https.png

Message 4 of 7
Axic10
Aspirant

Disregard, the picture didn't show up originally. I'll test this out now.

I added one of my devices to test this out under LAN setup. I don't see anything about a rule under LAN Setup, where can I find that? Thank you again, I apologize in advance if I'm being a pain.

Message 5 of 7
Axic10
Aspirant

This seems to work when testing it out on my computer, so I rolled it out to my step son's computer using the method you suggested. Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I gave up on trying to make the picture bigger, two different menus sorry... lan setup and security block services

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7