Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Two R 6350 routers on same network connection issues

Audioctor
Aspirant

Two R 6350 routers on same network connection issues

Hello,

I have installed two R 6350 routers on my home network. One is my main router and DHCP server while the other is setup as an access point. There are some devives connected wirelessly or wired directly to my main router while others are connected similarly to the access point.I have enebled access control on my Main router and blocked any new devices from connecting to the network. I have an IPPBX connected to the main router while an Analog Phone Adapter is connected to the access point. All these devices are successfully connected and I am able to  access them on my LAN. But the IPPBX and the analog Phone Adapter don't seem to be communicating properly. Strangely, the devices connected to the access point are not shown in the main router's connected devices list while they shown on the access point's list. Besides, the access point's lis also shows the devices connected to the main router.

Please help me with this.

Could this be a double NAT issue?

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 1 of 3
antinode
Guru

Re: Two R 6350 routers on same network connection issues

> [...] the other is setup as an access point. [...]

As in "Use the Router as a WiFi Access Point Only" in the R6350 User
Manual, or some scheme of your own?  Visit http://netgear.com/support ,
put in your model number, and look for Documentation.  Get the User
Manual.  Read.

Devices connected to both R6350 units get (LAN) IP addresses in the

same subnet?

> Could this be a double NAT issue?

Not if one R6350 really "is setup as an access point" (which would
disable its NAT).

Message 2 of 3
Audioctor
Aspirant

Re: Two R 6350 routers on same network connection issues

> Devices connected to both R6350 units get (LAN) IP addresses in the same subnet?

Yes. My main router has IP address: 192.168.2.1 while the access point has been assigned a fixed IP : 192.158.2.51. All other devices on the network (whether connected to the router or the access point) have IP addresses in the same subnet. I can access them as well. But the devices connected to the access point don't show up on the connected devices list of the main router.

I have configured the access point as per the user guide.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7