kalt
Aspirant

Two Xbox One consoles - chat issues

Hi,

Both my sons have an Xbox One connected to the same Netgear R7000 (via wifi). When playing Fortnite and joining the same party they can hear and speak to everyone at the party except each other. 

Both consoles have open NAT.

UPnP: Enabled

NAT Filtering: Open
SIP ALG: Disabled

It is quite annoying not only for the kids (the consoles are at opposite ends of the house ;o)

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks and regards,

Morten

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
Tyler818
Aspirant

Re: Two Xbox One consoles - chat issues

I run two XBOX One(s) and also two PS4s but never use chat.

1) Not sure if this will help but I seem to recall having general "match making" issues on the XBOXES and what helped it was actually a setting on one of the XBOXES themselves.
I believe it's under Settings-Network but it allows you to use a "secondary" or "alternative" port. I left one XBOX as default and set the other to that alternative option and then I just continued to use UPnP.

2) In the Router I set BOTH XBOXES to have IP Reservations as I guess that creates a static ARP entry on Netgear Routers. Not sure if this helped at all but it couldn't hurt to do that too to keep UPnP from getting confused?

Edit:
Found link with some background:
https://forum.netduma.com/topic/21835-the-new-xbox-one-update-has-manual-port-selection-3074-more/
Message 2 of 4
kalt
Aspirant

Hi Tyler,

Thanks very much for your answer. I will try this and hope for the best Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Try the consoles wire connected the router. 

I run two xbox ones and have no problems on live chat using uPnP and NAT Filter set to OPEN. 

@kalt wrote:

Hi,

Both my sons have an Xbox One connected to the same Netgear R7000 (via wifi). When playing Fortnite and joining the same party they can hear and speak to everyone at the party except each other. 

Both consoles have open NAT.

UPnP: Enabled

NAT Filtering: Open
SIP ALG: Disabled

It is quite annoying not only for the kids (the consoles are at opposite ends of the house ;o)

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks and regards,

Morten

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CM1200 v2.02.03(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v3.2.17.12
RBK50 v2.7.2.104(WW) Circle Enabled
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CAX80/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements