Highlighted
Aspirant

Two XboxOnes - lag / party disconnect

anyone get this router to work with two Xbox Ones in the same house. I had a netgear 6300 and had no issues. Hooked up this one and it was great with 1 xbox one connected but as soon as the other connected I started to get really bad sporadic lag and kept getting dropped from chat parties.
Message 1 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Two XboxOnes - lag / party disconnect

http://http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=90054&page=3

I have one XBOX ONE and 5 XBOX 360's hooked up to this and my kids live on XBOX Live and gaming. I have not experienced any of those issues. Although, the person on the post above referenced an XBOX ONE issue.
Message 2 of 12
Highlighted
Luminary

Please give us some details. 1) cable/DSL? & Speed?? 2) wired or wlreless connected Xboxes 3) Router config??? & FW version 4) Xbox1 DHCP or static IP??
Message 3 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

1. 100mbps down 40mbps up 2. both wired 3. both with static IP, current FW tried one in DMZ and the other port forward, both internal no port forward, one in DMZ and other no port forward. No luck any help much appreciated.
Message 4 of 12
Highlighted
Luminary

1) Is DHCP turned off on the R7000??? 2) your internal settings on XBOX1 should be: Example: Xbox IP 192.168.0.25 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 Default gateway(R7000) 192.168.0.1 DNS 1: Copy it form R7000 DNS 2: Ditto Then turn on only 1 xbox and let it run test and check for open NAT, if you get it great. Go ahead and config the 2nd Xbox1 with its own IP Address, and the rest is all the same. While the other xbox is online , test the 2nd XBOX and look for open NAT, if you get it great. If none of the above work, then configure R7000 >Port triggering rules click here, not port forwarding. Leave all settings within both XBOX 1's alone. Once R7000 has been configured, turn on 1 xbox and test for speed and online gaming. If all is good tuen on 2nd XBOX and do another speed test and game on the second one. Goodluck
Message 5 of 12
Highlighted
Luminary

Any status???
Message 6 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

i have tried again, probably just going to return it, the asus worked right out of the box. i found a few other post with people complaining of the same issue. my guess is that it will require a firmware fix, as it seems the router is properly tagging traffic amongst the two xbox ones. both are using the same ports and its getting confused...
Message 7 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

I am having the same exact issue with two XBOX ones as well. since I got this router. Previous was an ASUS that gave me no issues. When my son is online with his XBOX one he has no issues, then when I start mine and join the same party after about 20 minutes we start getting game lag and dropped from party chats. Only way to get it to work again is both power cycle our consoles and rejoin the game and party but will eventually have same problem until one of us gets so frustrated and stops playing so the other can keep playing. We have multiple XBOX 360's and they have no issues, so it's only affecting the XBOX one's. I've tried a factory reset and manually re-entered my settings.

Firmware: 1.0.3.24_1.1.20
All equipment in my house has a static IP
I reserved the addresses in the router
QOS is enabled for upstream and downstream
Moved one to the DMZ made no difference
Tried turning off QOS and and made no difference

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks, Tom
Message 8 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

Any updates to this issue? I want to know if its been fixed yet.
Message 9 of 12
Highlighted
Novice

Any word on a fix? I'm having this same issue when my girlfriend and I are both online.
Message 10 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

XboxOne, 2 PS3s and a Xbox 360, one of the PS3s and Xbox one are wired, the rest are wireless. Running latest firmware on r7000 all settings on default.

Just make sure everything is pointing to the router for DNS, dont worry about DNS2 because if the router goes down you wont have internet access anyway.

UPnP is turned on by default so you shouldn't need to forward any ports.

Not sure why your having some many issues, my router has been up for the past 2 months without a reboot and its still as fast as the first day I turned it on.

Comcast 125mbps/12mbps up.
Message 11 of 12
Highlighted

Using 2 or more identical gaming-consoles with one router and the same internet connection is always the result for thes issues as described in this post.

Please consider that using party chat on 2 Xbox One consoles at the same time, your router has to send 2 request to the same destination IP address and port on the Xbox game-servers. This could be the problem, because the router has use the same road to arrive at the same destination, but has to take 2 different vehicles (Xbox Ones). Maybe this circumstance explains, why lags and disconnects are the result as the router is changing constantly the vehicle to arrive at the destination on the same road. Normally it does not depend on the fact, which router you are using, but it could be.

I assume that the ASUS router regulate the traffic of 2 or more Xbox consoles at the same time better as these routers, depending also on the installed firmware, manage traffic through hardware NAT acceleration TCP/UDP not only via the main chipset, but also in additional chipset.

That doesn't mean that the chipset power of an ASUS router in total is better than your R7000, but could help the vehicle to transport more requests through the same road to the same destination without creating significant lags or disconnects on the consoles.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements