Two routers in Nighthawk app

Maupert
Tutor

Two routers in Nighthawk app

In the nighthawk app I have two products. Both are a R8000. The strange thing is that they have a different serial #. I have only one router in use. The other I have not registered. When I login online I only see the router that I'm using. The other one is not visible. How can I delete the router that I'm not using in the nighthawk app?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 12
IrvSp
Master

Re: Two routers in Nighthawk app

Two questions:

1. What Nighthawk app are you talking about? iOS, Android, or something else?
  2. Is the 2nd R8000 even powered on?
Message 2 of 12
Maupert
Tutor

I have only one R8000, so there is no second one. I'm talking about the IOS app.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 12
IrvSp
Master

I have an R8000 as well, and an iPad with the Nighthawk app. I only see one R8000, see screenshot capture on right.

Where are you seeing the 2nd R8000?

When it starts and searching? Could there be another one nearby with NO security on it?

Post a screenshot please of 2 R8000's.

Message 4 of 12
Maupert
Tutor

IMG_0338.PNG This is a picture of the routers from an external location. So it is not possible that the app sees the routers via the wifi network. So I don't think that there is another R8000 in the neighbourhood. It's somethings strange with the products that are registred on my name ......

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 12
IrvSp
Master

@Maupert wrote:

IMG_0338.PNG This is a picture of the routers from an external location. So it is not possible that the app sees the routers via the wifi network. So I don't think that there is another R8000 in the neighbourhood. It's somethings strange with the products that are registred on my name ......

Can't see it yet.. a moderator needs to approve it, that is why I use Browse under the input area, it appears with the reply.

Don't know what you mean by products registered to you? I have many as well.

That app when it starts looks at your available wifi signals and tries to log on with your Netgear UserID and P/W... It is possible it checks the router model against your account, so do you have 2 R8000's registered? I have 3 routers registered and still only the R8000 is shown.

Message 6 of 12
Maupert
Tutor

I've only one R8000 registred. So I don't understand why the app pops up with two different routers.

Message 7 of 12
Maupert
Tutor

I've only one R8000 registred. So I don't understand why the app pops up with two different routers.

Message 8 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Maupert

The one that says disconnected is not your right?

DarrenM

Message 9 of 12
Maupert
Tutor

Yep, you're right!

Message 10 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

ok I will see what I can do about getting this removed.

DarrenM

Message 11 of 12
Maupert
Tutor

Hi, Do you already have a solution?

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation