Twonky medias in bridge mode

Gufi
Aspirant

Twonky medias in bridge mode

Hi,
Just tried to play Twonky medias on TV via a router R6300 in bridge mode, connected to a R7500 with 5 GHz: Only for a very short time, I could see the files and play. After that: “Server disconnected”, no way for ever (NAS with Twonky is connected to R7500)!

There was no problem before with R6300 instead of the new R7500! Already tried a lot of options (Advertisement Period, Advertisement Time to Live, etc.). The firmware is the newest one (.82). Netflix runs stable in R7500-R6300 configuration.

Any other solutions? Thanks in advance:
HP

Message 1 of 9
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: Twonky medias in bridge mode

Can you connect directly to R7500 and check if it still cannot detect the USB? How about your computers? will it detects the USB as well?
Message 2 of 9
Gufi
Aspirant

There is no error using USB. I'm using Twonky on a QNAP NAS, connected with Ethernet-LAN to R7500. Directly used on R7500 it runs, but not with the TV behind a R6300, configured as a Bridge (NAS still connected to R7500). Thanks for your answer.
Message 3 of 9
Fairytail
Virtuoso

When TV is connected to R7500, is it via wired or wireless? We have to isolate since R6300 is wireless connected to R7500.
Message 4 of 9
Gufi
Aspirant

Hi minions08,
TV is then connected to R7500 via wireless (for successful testing mode). No device (TV, Bluray recorder) is receiving media datas from Twonkey, when wired connected via R6300, which is in bridge mode to this R7500.:mad:
Message 5 of 9
Fairytail
Virtuoso

How far is the R6300 from the main router?
Message 6 of 9
Gufi
Aspirant

Distance: 6 meters / one floor between, same distance as with successful TV-test, mentioned above. Wifi-signal (5 GHz) stabil, R7500 to R6300 with link rate more than 263 Mbps.
Message 7 of 9
Fairytail
Virtuoso

When you connected the TV to R7500 via wireless, is it connected on 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? Have you tried connecting the R6300 to 2.4GHz instead of 5Ghz?
Message 8 of 9
Gufi
Aspirant

R6300 connected to R7500 via 2.4 GHz, I am getting a connection to Twonky media, but:What's about the faster network on 5 GHz (with R7500 for HD video!)? And where is any update since January 2015 for a very expensive router? I am more than disappointed! Buying Netgear again? :rolleyes:
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E