× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

UNABLE TO JOIN NETWORK

sandydog
Aspirant

UNABLE TO JOIN NETWORK

New router. Follow directions and at the end my phone wants to connect to NETGEAR70. I get "UNABLE TO JOIN NETWORK". No explanation at all as to why. I go thru the excercise again with the same result. The Netgear installation packet doesn't offer a phone number to call but instead wants you to go to a website. In that website it says to click for help, and when I do it does nothing. I guess Netgear's approach to new customers is to ask them to go in a round room and pee in the corner. Frustrating. I'll be returning the router.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: UNABLE TO JOIN NETWORK

What router do you have?

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

There's a support site with access to manuals, firmware, install guides, etc.
Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/
Type in your model number and from there it'll take you to the above.
Its a great resource to start with.

Message 2 of 3
sandydog
Aspirant

Re: UNABLE TO JOIN NETWORK

Model RAX78. The correct lights were on but no Internet was detected by either my phone or my desktop.

Tried powering off/on both it and the Internet Modem (never had a problem with it).

My experience with this has convinced me to buy routers locally and not at Amazon; that way I can always take it back without shipping it back and potentially pay a restocking fee.

Unimpressed with Netgear support. Its going back.

Thanks for the response.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7