Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: UPNP no longer works

d0gg
Apprentice

UPNP no longer works

I just updated to Firmware V1.0.3.16

After the router completed the update, UPNP no longer works. 

I have tried rebooting the router several times but the port is not being automatically forwarded to the computer on the network. I have never had an issue with this before. Two ports that are usually handled are transmission and Plex.

I manually forwarded the ports and it is working. But I shouldnt have to manually manage the connections. 

Any ideas on how to get it working again?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
d0gg
Apprentice

Im sorry. Damn forum is a beast to navigate.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
XRaptor29
Luminary

What router do you have?
Message 2 of 8
BIG_DOG
Luminary

which router are you using as the XR500 is running firmware v2.2.1.10

Message 3 of 8
XRaptor29
Luminary

Here's the link to the latest firmware if you have the XR500 router. https://kb.netgear.com/000055519/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-2-1-10
Message 4 of 8
d0gg
Apprentice

Sorry, I put the model info in the tags

Nighthawk X10 R9000

Message 5 of 8
BIG_DOG
Luminary

agh, this is for the XR500 pro gaming router, you are in the wrong forum sction.

Message 6 of 8
d0gg
Apprentice

Im sorry. Damn forum is a beast to navigate.

Message 7 of 8
AudiTuner
Star

Same issue here as the OP.  Have tried doing a factory restore and manually entering all settings again but that does not fix this issue.

Also, when manually entering all settings after a factory restore, my two Android devices (along with two separate wireless 2.4GHz only devices) will not connect to my WiFi networks.  I have tried disabling "smart network switching" on the Android devices but that does not work (it says there is "no internet connection" on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks).  This issue seems to crop up if I apply ANY setting changes to the LAN Setup page (IP reservations, DHCP range, etc.).

Neither of these two issues (uPnP not working and cannot connect to some devices) are present in v1.0.3.10, only in v1.0.3.16.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7