Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

UPnP no longer working properly

xWeaselx
Follower

UPnP no longer working properly

I have a portable HDD pluged directly into my Nighthawk router which I use as a media server and for many years have been able to connect stream to my TV via my Amazon Fire device and using the VLC app. The media server would appear as both a UPnP server and an SMB server.

Just recently though it's stopped working properly. If I try to open the UPnP server, it only shows a few folders and files when I have hundreds available. If I try to connect to the SMB server, most of the time it can't open into any folder. In the past month the two things that have changed for me are that I had to replace my cable modem (Spectrum) with a new one and update the firmware on my router. I've already tried doing a factory reset on my router as well as downgrading the firmware, but neither have fixed the issue.

I am able to connect using my computer (attempted on both a PC & Mac) to the server and view all files without any issue. For some reason I'm also able to use the Infuse app on my iPad without any issue, but if I try to use the VLC app on that device also run into an issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7