Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: USB Control Center not working - R7000

goclmbmnt
Tutor

USB Control Center not working - R7000

USB Control Center just stopped working.  It was workng like a champ for quite some time.  Now it just stopped.  I haven't made any changes on the network.  Now, nothing appears on the USB control center app.  The app launches, but it does not see the printer and the three buttons across the bottom are greyed out.  I have installed on two windows 7 machines with the same result.  Turned off firewalls as well.  I have a Circle (parental controls device) on the network, but I've completly disabled that as well as part of the troubleshooting.  It may have started when i updated the router to the most recent firmware last week... I don't use the printer every day so am not positive when it failed.  

Any other suggestions or helps?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
sparkyjoe
Initiate

F-ing ridiculous, spent a s*-load amount of time debugging this issue.

Finally found this thread that worked for me.

I really have not been impressed with the useability of this software.  Looking at opensource now...

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies

@goclmbmnt wrote:
It may have started when i updated the router to the most recent firmware last week...

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

Some people see this as a knee jerk response, but it is the first thing that support will suggest, and it often works.

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have problems with new firmware.

If it isn't too late, first note down the settings – screen grabs can help here.

Message 2 of 8
goclmbmnt
Tutor

I guess that makes sense but I would hope that i don’t need to reconfigure the router every time I update it? That seems crazy!!! I’ll try it tonight, unless there’s another, less invasive suggestion someone has?
Message 3 of 8

It isn't always necessary, but if you have problems after a firmware flash, you should reset the thing to factory settings, but you can try to preserve your configuration.

My strategy is to:

• save (backup) settings
  • flash firmware

If that works and you see no problems, great. If not, and something doesn't work,you may have to reset the device to the default settings:

• set to factory settings
  • retrieve settings from backup

If that works and you see no problems, problem fixed! If not:

• set to factory settings.
  • reconfigure everything

If that fails, then I fear that you may have to flash back to earlier firmware.

@goclmbmnt wrote:
I guess that makes sense but I would hope that i don’t need to reconfigure the router every time I update it? That seems crazy!!!

Indeed. Go and place you vote.

Never rebuild a configuration from scratch again! - NETGEAR Communities

Message 4 of 8
goclmbmnt
Tutor

Thanks for the advice, but it hasn't worked yet.  I reset back to factory, reinstalled from my backup and nothing.  I then just went back to factory defaults and tried to access the printer, but nothing.  So disappointing... Any other advice on how to get the USB control center working again? Each time I went to check if it was working, I just closed and relaunched the control center.  Should I have done something else?  

Message 5 of 8
sparkyjoe
Initiate

I've followed the advice too and am experiencing the same problem.  Very annoying.

Message 6 of 8
sparkyjoe
Initiate

F-ing ridiculous, spent a s*-load amount of time debugging this issue.

I really have not been impressed with the useability of this software.  Looking at opensource now...

Message 7 of 8
goclmbmnt
Tutor

@sparkyjoe wrote:

That thread did it!  Thank you, thank you, thank you! I want to reach through and give you a hug right now...  Really appreciate you taking the time to post this.  

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7